Stuck to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck to the left

Need help. I pulled the tops of the scope rings off to swap scopes on a rifle that shoots perfectly. While trying to sight in, I ran out of windage adjustment with my last shot 4” left. I completely pulled the scope and bases off on the tailgate and put it all back on. First shot was 1/2” from the last before removing the scope. What is the deal?

What type of rings and what scope did you put on?

Comment

Not enough information, but if the bases are not windage adjustable, try swapping the rings around, front to rear.

Comment

This happened to me. If I remember correctly count clicks from one end to another then count half to middle then bore sight.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Last time I switched scopes, I had to shim the bases, to get it to center adjustment
          Red field solid base

Comment

Had a Leupold Mark 4 with matching Leupold bases and rings. Left the bases on and put a new Sig Sauer Tango 4 in the bases and put the scope rings back on.

Comment

Bend the barrel to the right a little. There it’s fixed.

Comment

Make sure you are torquing (tightening) the rings to the correct inch pounds. If you are not you are possibly putting the scope tube in a bind. This will cause all kinds of sight in problems.

It is worth the money to get an inch pounds torque screw driver like the one below.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X