Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven’t been since late August and won’t make it back until Oct 9-11. Cell camera shows a lot of pigs and few deer. I should have learned my lesson last year. Fool me twice, shame on me. Thinking about taking some buckshot the first morning and seeing how many I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ryan, hog panels should be in your near future. Throw it up after your first morning hunt. The deer's will love ya and be in there that evening.

Comment

I went out this weekend w/ the wife. I was hoping to hit a few doves, she wanted to try to kill a pig or coyote. Very few doves were flying. No birds killed. We sat in a blind Saturday evening and saw several pigs. I big one, 185+/- lbs. came out and came to us. Naturally, she didn't want to shoot. So i grabbed the gun and was waiting for a shot. In the meantime, a HUGE pig came from the same place as the first one. I was waiting to see if the bigger one would get in shooting range. He zigged when we needed him to zag. So, i get back on the first pig, and you guessed it, made a bad shot. He ran off and we couldn't find him. I always feel bad when that happens. Oh well. Gotta check that rifle to see if it was me or the machine. I'm sure it was me.

There's a big black pig that has a bullet w/ his name on it. Through the end of the season, when i go to that pasture, i'll have my trusty Sendero 7mm. The hunt is on.

It is LUSH green out there. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          Ryan, hog panels should be in your near future. Throw it up after your first morning hunt. The deer's will love ya and be in there that evening.

I know it should be. I actually have 12 panels sitting at camp. I just ran out of time in August to build it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A801C2BC-C655-4B26-A621-B801E642B36D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	24632391
            Click image for larger version

Name:	963569F5-FC42-4517-9D39-C39DCE92C42B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	24632392
            We’ve been doing alright with the jugs here at Ray Bob, this is the first year I’ve been ready a month in advance. Trying to just stay out of my sets until next sat evening. Good luck everyone!

Comment

[ATTACH]1021038[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH]1021039[/ATTACH]
              Here’s a nice 10 that’s been a regular

Comment

Good looking buck! Hope he sticks around for the opener.

Comment

Very nice Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                    [ATTACH]1021038[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH]1021039[/ATTACH]
                    Here’s a nice 10 that’s been a regular
                    That's a dang good deer. Looks like he has some mass. Good luck getting him.

Comment

Everything looked good at our place over the weekend, except all the dang pigs! There are 5 less of those, and I'm sure I'll end up wasting arrows on a couple more Saturday, but all in all my crap is all ready to go.

We're gonna see how Snoop likes playing baseball while I go try to shoot his deer.

Comment

Goodluck this weekend guys, I gotta go to a wedding in college station unfortunately but I'll be in the blind Monday afternoon after work!!

Comment

Trail can said 42 degrees this morning! I can’t wait to climb up in a tree!

Comment

Will not head to Seymour until oct.16, good luck to all of you this weekend.

Comment

Heading out tomorrow afternoon. Good luck to everyone going out this weekend and be safe.

Comment

I'm heading out to Throckmorton in the morning, hoping one of the three targets I have shows Sat AM. Good luck, guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X