Somerville 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
    I’ll be at Richland Creek South the first 2 weekends, so I’ll give y’all a break before I come and kill a nice buck. My stand is portable so it’s not one of the ones you are seeing. I have plenty of tress picked out from years of scouting. This year is going to be a good year, good luck to everyone!
    Oh here we go with the bragging hahahhaha you only.get one this yr so.make it count out here!!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Do that many more deer get harvested during opening weekend? My work schedule is flexible so I feel coming out during the week might yield better results.

Comment

Originally posted by Good_Deal View Post
        Thanks for the advice.

Do that many more deer get harvested during opening weekend? My work schedule is flexible so I feel coming out during the week might yield better results.
        Like any public land, weekdays will be better. However there are a lot of shift workers that are hunters. Me included and it is close to Houston. Which leads me to luminant in Marquez area which is out in the sticks but that place is always crowded no matter the day. I would not make the drive there. It would be a really awesome place to hunt if it was archery only. I think that is what helps Somerville.

Comment

Do you guys share your kill pictures on this thread or is it all about keeping it "hush, hush"? Looking forward to seeing what some of you guys bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
            Do you guys share your kill pictures on this thread or is it all about keeping it "hush, hush"? Looking forward to seeing what some of you guys bag.
            Def a hush hush lol

Comment

I was going to Granger this weekend but have decided to head here for scouting and saddle practice. Since we moved to Bastrop it's only an hour drive.

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                Def a hush hush lol

Best to keep it on the hush a Facebook group for Somerville would ruin it and I hope nobody ever makes one. I watched what it did to the Sam and there is way more hunters and every one is a member.

Comment

Thinking a pop up Saturday evening or Sunday morning. We’ll see

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
                    Thinking a pop up Saturday evening or Sunday morning. We’ll see
                    I'm not gonna deal with all the drama of opening weekend this yr ill be out there maybe sec weekend maybe 3rd let all the walkers and followers leave lol

Comment

It’ll be a game time decision for the weekend.

Comment

Lots of good deer on camera at night and this moon isn’t helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not getting many day pics here either.

Went out Monday and ran into swirling winds so I'm thinking pop up as well.

Comment

I got on a buddy's lease here in Brazos County ill be out there off and on just cause I enjoy it out there but I got hog to take care of here local

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                              I got on a buddy's lease here in Brazos County ill be out there off and on just cause I enjoy it out there but I got hog to take care of here local

Got thermal or NV?

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                                Got thermal or NV?
                                Nope but got hog lights and lights on the old 243 now sitting out here now in the truck waiting for 6pm to head down

Comment

Working...
                                X