Getting tired of the outdoor channel shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I stopped watching the televised hunting shows about two years ago and now I remember why.

I have had it on in the background to stay in the mood but cant stand the way they have to talk for sponsorship.

"So we threw on the Scentlock Mossy oak camo and headed to our favorite redneck blind for an afternoon sit. We been checking the brownings since we planted the trophy select and have seen deer all over it. Not 5 minutes looking through the nikons, we see our hit list buck and knew we were going to have an opportunity to let the CVA eat. Luckily, we trimmed some brush with the hooyman and laneshark prior to the season and were able to let the hornandy SST do it's thing. Walking up to the deer I thought OMG, this is the best buck I have shot since the 12 point I got last year with my Mathews bow and rage broadheads."

I almost want to make it a point to not buy crap they ridiculously plug

This is just another reason my favorite show is and always will be MeatEater

End Rant

Rant over

User uploaded content on youtube is leaps and bounds ahead of the TV stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      agreed

Comment

Nascar must really **** you off. Everything is commercialized today so there is not much way of avoiding it.

Comment

Don't watch NASCAR anymore either.

Comment

Yeah I stopped watching those outdoor shows as well for that reason. I want to see real hunting anyway. I love the Hunting Public. Great guys

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              This.

OP, what stopped me watching was when a guy has his kid shoot what was essentially a pet elk and act like it some big accomplishment. The look on the kids face very clearly said I just shot someones pet, why is everyone getting so excited?

Comment

YouTube

The hunting public
                Catman outdoors
                DIY sportsman and many.others

Comment

Haven't watched them in years but people on here do it also in their write ups and videos.

Comment

I just never have cared for hunting shows. I love to hunt but could care less about watching it on tv

Comment

All right folks we're out here on ranch X. (5 min game ranch ad). Been chasing this monster buck. Looks like him about 100 yds. (5 minutes talking about gear) Takes the shot. (Cut to commercial). Replay shot. Center punches the guts. Wow great shot! (Skip ahead a few hours in time) Stand around deer congratulating each other. Couldn't have done it without product X. Did I miss anything?

Comment

I concur, haven't watched one in years and dont miss them at all. Meateater is my favorite, my boys love watching it with me.

Comment

YouTube is more better. Plus you can choose what region you want to watch. I'm a South Texas freak, or really anything Texas. Those Kansas, Ohio, Illinois and Midwest shows are so boring to me.

Comment

Tim Wells, Relentless pursuit. Guy is a savage.

Comment

I watch them every now & then. I have to remind myself that any cheesy , canned hunting show is better than the view.[emoji2961]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X