Game Warden Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Warden Question

I was getting my deer scored tonight and a game warden told me I need to have the paper on page 100 from the outdoor annual filled out. It is a page saying I am giving my deer away to another person. He said fill out that I am giving my deer away to myself..... The tag is with the meat but I need a piece of paper to take with the head???? Weird giving it to myself. Nice guy and was just educating people but I’m a little confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this is another dumb law but it is real. We deal with it every year with our Purple Heart soldiers that shoot good deer they are getting mounted. They take the tag with them with the meat and they have to fill out one of those logs for us to be able to transfer the head to the taxi. Basically anytime the meat and head are separated.

Comment

Sounds like poo to me, you weren't giving away the carcass (meat)? Tag stays with the meat unless I've misunderstood.

Comment

Normally taxidermist will give a paper for you to take with you to the processor. This has been my experience anyways.

Comment

Im boiling out the head myself??? Or what if I just cut the horns off?

Comment

I know the processor gives a document to take to taxidermy

It’s all a bunch of $&@% anyway. Every other state I’ve been too has a better system

Comment

When we dropped my buck off at processor he cut the tag in half and left one half on the antler and took the other. He said it would work for the taxi and that a game warden would honor that. Took the deer to taxi with the 1/2 tag and had no problems, just wrote down my license number on a wildlife resource document and was good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                When we dropped my buck off at processor he cut the tag in half and left one half on the antler and took the other. He said it would work for the taxi and that a game warden would honor that. Took the deer to taxi with the 1/2 tag and had no problems, just wrote down my license number on a wildlife resource document and was good to go.

Thats interesting considering your tag # is only on half the tag, I always just though the taxi needed he wildlife resource doc w/ the antlers or if someone else was dropping the meat off at the processor they need one as well for the transport. I mean technically if this is the case I guess I would need to fill one of these WRD out for each of my deer mounts if moving them to a new house?!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  Thats interesting considering your tag # is only on half the tag, I always just though the taxi needed he wildlife resource doc w/ the antlers or if someone else was dropping the meat off at the processor they need one as well for the transport. I mean technically if this is the case I guess I would need to fill one of these WRD out for each of my deer mounts if moving them to a new house?!

That’s what I thought. Who knows...

Comment

What gets me you can debone a deer and take the whole dang thing to a processor and nothing is needed. No tag or anything. Crazy laws we have.

Comment

I would call the local warden and see if he can give you a better explanation and answer you questions on different scenarios. As we all know, they dont have much of a tolerance and always say its our responsibility to know the law.

Comment

we should get 2 tags when we buy a license. One for the meat and one for the head so there is no confusion.

Comment

So if the tag stays with the meat until the meat gets to the final destination (processor or home if processed yourself) and the head is proof of sex, then if the meat is dropped off first why is a resource document needed?

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            Normally taxidermist will give a paper for you to take with you to the processor. This has been my experience anyways.
                            Exactly

Comment

Tpwd laws are so confusing. I'm not sure if they understand them

Comment

Working...
                              X