Joel Olsteen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joel Olsteen

Anyone see that Houston mayor Sylvester turner honored in a ceremony Joel for his exemplary help and assistance he provided during and after Harvey? Absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow

Probably got a kick back like the Dallas Mayor

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
        Anyone see that Houston mayor Sylvester turner honored in a ceremony Joel for his exemplary help and assistance he provided during and after Harvey? Absolutely ridiculous.

I must be missing what is ridiculous about it. Lakewood, along with Second Baptist (and I am sure many other churches) did amazing work during Harvey.

I am not a member of Lakewood but in my opinion, Joel is a great leader and motivator. He has changed hundreds of thousands of lives for the better. I have had my questions about him and his message in the past but the more I listen to him the more I like him.

Bottom line is whether you like him or not his congregation helped a lot of people during Harvey.

Comment

Huntforhorns we are definitely going to have to disagree on this as the only reason he opened up is due to all the negative social media he was facing. And of course this is my opinion however there is a whole lot of like opinions out there about the situation but can’t be proven. Was he planning to open up prior to the negative backlash only he knows and as far as his church goes the there is only 2 people who benefit from his services and that is Joel and his wife. This guy is a fraud and he could care less about helping people find god or anything along those lines, the only thing that he cares about is how fat is the collection plate this go around cause papa needs a new wing added to the house.

Comment

Didn’t he refuse to let people into the church until everyone was outraged?

He is weird. 100% closet something.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              Didn’t he refuse to let people into the church until everyone was outraged?

He is weird. 100% closet something.

That is correct. But he will say it was the water in the garage and first floor we couldn’t take anyone in. Well I don’t know how factual it is but there is a lot of speculation that the pics he was posting were actually from Allison. My office is literally less the half a mile away on the same side of the freeway as this church and yes there was high water but my office took on zero water from rising water during Harvey. A lot of the business in the very immediate( right next to the church) had zero water from rising water.

Comment

He's a shyster

Comment

During an interview with Good Morning America, Osteen defended his decision not to open earlier.

X3.

I am not a Turner or a Joel fan.

Comment

Does the award state actions? How do we know it isn't for efforts during cleanup/restoration? Did he make personal donations?

Edit: "According to the city, Lakewood helped thousands affected by Harvey's flooding get back on their feet, including assisting in rehabbing flood-damaged homes."

Says it right there in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      Does the award state actions? How do we know it isn't for efforts during cleanup/restoration? Did he make personal donations?

Edit: "According to the city, Lakewood helped thousands affected by Harvey's flooding get back on their feet, including assisting in rehabbing flood-damaged homes."

Says it right there in the article.
                      The article omitted that these homes are owned by Olsten as rental properties.

I have no idea if he owns them or not...can't let a good false narrative go to waste

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        The article omitted that these homes are owned by Olsten as rental properties.

I have no idea if he owns them or not...can't let a good false narrative go to waste
                        I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your fine print. Hilarious!

Comment

I dont want to criticize him for using his money as he wishes.

That being said, I just dont understand why people keep handing it over.

Seems like a good person.

Comment

So basically no one knows shat about what really happened. Lmao!

Comment

I have been to maybe three sermons by Joel and i must say he is a great motivator speaker with great wisdom, but it does make me wonder how truly he cares about the average man/woman beyond the pay day, albeit i did visit his old church before moving to the big stage he sits at currently.

Comment

Working...
                              X