Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call out the National Guard to enforce gun control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    How would that not violate the Posse Comitatus Act? Seems this is exactly a reason for PCA?
    The act does not prevent the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. It only applies to federal troops.

Comment

PSA is doing its part. Virginia themed lowers with $10 dollars of every purchase going to the VCDL. Go get em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        They’re finding them all the time, hauling people to jail for possessing them and shaking down the family for money.

I'm talking about the law abiding citizen. There are a whole lot more of us than them. Lots of folks out there that has a safe full of guns that aren't in their name.
        We will be the ones to defend the very same people who want "gun control" when this nation comes under attack.

Comment

Idiot law makers forget who who makes up LE & MIL...the thought these arrogant individuals actually consider the calling up of the NG to mindlessly confiscate firearms of the law abiding with laws clearly violating the 2nd tells you how out of touch & narcissistic these morbid minds work.

So you got a ton of counties saying they will not comply, turning their areas into sanctuaries to save the 2nd from being violated & yet have the audacity to call up the very people who won't enforce the law to carry it out?? People don't join the National Guard to take away the very freedoms they hold close.

Clueless...let the politicians who passed the laws & the people who voted them in be the folks to go confiscate since it's so important & see how that works out.

Comment

Serious question as I have never served. Do NG (and fed troops) know and understand the constitution? If a group of college age NG is given an order will they consider the constitutionality of that order? Everything I read says the forefathers where very much afraid of a standing army of any kind and preferred a civilian militia.... not trying to stir it up and definitely not calling into question those of you who have served motivations.

Comment

I remember when I was told absolutely without a doubt police in NY would never enforce the tyrannical and unconstitutional SAFE act.

Comment

Gun confiscation already happened during Katrnia by LEO and NG and others. There are about a gozillion youtube videos of law enforcement disarming citizens at gunpoint that are open carrying lawfully in "2nd Amendment" audits. Even if you think 2nd Amendment audits are dumb, the people are still being held, many times at gunpoint for doing something completely legal, and many times being taken into custody. Also there are "red flag" laws that are being used to strip citizens of there guns without due process because someone reports them. Also remember in all these cases, the guns are taken by a federal or state agency that many people think would never take their firearms, i.e. soldiers and cops. Hell, look at california, most here would call their laws unconstitutional, we know the legislature makes the laws but those laws get enforced every day by the local police, not their congress.

If you honestly believe that many police and national guardsmen will not confiscate your guns in America because of the 2nd Amendment, history has already proven you wrong on multiple occasions. The "idiot lawmakers" know that even if some military/police don't follow orders many if not most will and that will more than likely be enough, because it always has.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  Gun confiscation already happened during Katrnia by LEO and NG and others. There are about a gozillion youtube videos of law enforcement disarming citizens at gunpoint that are open carrying lawfully in "2nd Amendment" audits. Even if you think 2nd Amendment audits are dumb, the people are still being held, many times at gunpoint for doing something completely legal, and many times being taken into custody. Also there are "red flag" laws that are being used to strip citizens of there guns without due process because someone reports them. Also remember in all these cases, the guns are taken by a federal or state agency that many people think would never take their firearms, i.e. soldiers and cops. Hell, look at california, most here would call their laws unconstitutional, we know the legislature makes the laws but those laws get enforced every day by the local police, not their congress.

If you honestly believe that many police and national guardsmen will not confiscate your guns in America because of the 2nd Amendment, history has already proven you wrong on multiple occasions. The "idiot lawmakers" know that even if some military/police don't follow orders many if not most will and that will more than likely be enough, because it always has.

The grandma getting slammed to the ground for having a pistol was brutal.

Comment

NG oath is slightly different than active duty. They follow the orders of the Governor unless Federalized. In 1957 Eisenhower federalized the Ark NG reversing the orders of the Governor during the Hall HS intergration.

A simple solution for this is to have Trump federalize the NG so the Va Governor couldn't use them for this mission.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post

Absolutely spot on brother.
                      This is ignored time and time again on here.
                      Eventually we might wake up, but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

The good people rely on the laws working and people obeying. The bad people do too.

Theres bad people everywhere and while it hurts to say this, many wear a badge. It starts when they think they are above the law because they are behind a badge. How many LEO speed, drive with open containers, etc knowing if they get stopped they flash their get out of jail free card (ID) and go on down the road? Granted there are many more good LEO but the attitude is there. So when it comes to overpowering citizens the attitude could easily be ramped to the level where " I'm the LEO and you are not. "

My disclaimer- many of my friends are Troopers and will defend our rights. It's the city cops that scare me.

Comment

The Feds and Congress should be working overtime to get rid of these unconstitutional laws at the state level (not to mention federal) and should be defending any local law enforcement that refuses to enforce them from the state.

I can dream I suppose

Last edited by Clay C; 12-15-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X