Hog attractant success, not food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog attractant success, not food?

Any of y’all ever have luck with Hog type attractants such as boar urine or estrus sprays?

I have fairly consistent luck sitting off trails and I don’t really bait. I can officially say every time I’ve used one of these commercial items, I’ve not seen nor heard a hog.

I’ve tried it and wasted my money in four different states I hunt.

I’ve had success with a few “human” items I discussed with Mr. Glen Guess.

Thanks for any feedback.

Used TX Hog Bait LRA a few times this season with zero success. We have seen a few more pigs lately on the lease in general, though.

But im curious about these "human" items......

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
      Used TX Hog Bait LRA a few times this season with zero success. We have seen a few more pigs lately on the lease in general, though.

Glenn Guess?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I tried code blue hog in estrus once. Had a boar come in, hit the scent trail and turned and ran off. A little while later, had a group come in, mostly sows with pigs. As soon as a sow hit the scent trail, she grunted and the whole group got the heck out all at the same time. Threw the bottle away after that.
        The only thing other than corn, Hog Wild, worked good on new spots. Another thing that works good is cattle cubes. Found this out just this year. Hogs LOVE cubes!!!

Comment

I’m mainly just concerned with non-food type attractants. I had the same results with all of those pheromone type potions on hogs, they got outta dodge in a hurry. I did use one that attracted deer like crazy, it is a spray foam type stuff, forget the name, about $11

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post

I don’t need folk thinking less of me than they already do BUT the items are of female human origin. If you use your imagination, you’ll probably be correct. For some reason the Boar hogs have an interest in them long enough to receive a bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              I don’t need folk thinking less of me than they already do BUT the items are of female human origin. If you use your imagination, you’ll probably be correct. For some reason the Boar hogs have an interest in them long enough to receive a bullet.
              Man I like hunting as much as the next guy, but not sure I'd ever have even written a hint of doing that online hahaha. Least if it's what I'm thinking. I guess it makes sense though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                Man I like hunting as much as the next guy, but not sure I'd ever have even written a hint of doing that online hahaha. Least if it's what I'm thinking. I guess it makes sense though.
                There is thread on here all about it lol, where a guy talked about using his sister in laws or asking her for them or something. It was very comical

Comment

Lets talk about duck hunting now

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                    Lets talk about duck hunting now
                    Ok are there any human products that you know of to attract ducks

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      There is thread on here all about it lol, where a guy talked about using his sister in laws or asking her for them or something. It was very comical
                      I remember that thread![emoji23]
                      Whatever it takes Johnny!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I musta missed that thread anyone got a link, I could use a laugh but fear I might get the ban hammer if I try to search for it lmao!!!!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

John, I have an uncle that buys n‘ try's all that stuff down that aisle at academy. He swears the code blue sow urine will bring a boar in on a rope. With that said, I don’t use any and am every bit as successful. I’d think it would stop one long enough to fling an arrow, but am doubtful about I reeling one in from a distance.

Haven’t worked up the nerve to obtain any human flavors lol

Comment

Hog zombies on YouTube. I’ve never tried calling them in with their app but been wanting to try.

Comment

Oh that’s glen lol

Comment

Working...
                              X