Taxes - Out of Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxes - Out of Control

I know taxes in general are high but Missouri is out of control. Let’s break it down.

First 35-40% right off the top. Here you go government and go ahead and send a few billion to France. No wait, for what?

Missouri has to have theirs with another 6% off the top in state income tax.

Now my $1.00 is $0.54.

Now I get to pay another $10,000 in property tax. Not really $10,000 is it? Since my $1.00 is only worth $0.54 it’s really more like $18,500 gross.

Ohhh wait! That’s not all. If you call now we will add an extra tax. How about we just call it Personal Property Tax. I know we already raped your $1.00 down to $0.54 and you paid sales tax of 9% on the vehicles you purchased bu we need a little more. How about a bill for another $4,000? By the way - after doing the math a new vehicle valued at $50,000, if kept for 10 years (in MO) would cost you $36,000 in tax.

Should we even mention sales tax?

Simply put- why am I killing myself? If you’re disabled or a veteran - fine, I got you. But really, in all seriousness how ridiculous can it get? Just flat tax us already. Greatest Country on earth? Maybe at a premium. Even after signing my body over as government property for 6 years, I still get raped, all while some lazy crack head absorbs all the perks.

Rant over....

So do you own a house in Missouri?

Comment

Texas ain't any better....how about getting taxed right out of family property that has been paid for for 50 years?
      Gov. at all levels is full of sorry individuals who think you are the bank account for their social programs.
      Last edited by flywise; 11-26-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

You forgot health insurance. That's a hidden tax. .. Well not hidden but it is a tax.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Texas ain't any better....how about getting taxed right out of family property that has been paid for for 50 years?
          Gov. at all levels is full of sorry individuals who think your the bank account for their social programs.
          My wife's father came over from Nigeria. One of the things he learned when he first moved here was property tax. He asked how long he had to pay it for. When he was told forever, he said so I never actually own my home?

Most Americans have zero idea that they never actually own anything, that they are renting it either from a bank, or the government.

Comment

Wait til a democrap becomes president.

Comment

Government is my biggest expense.
              I want and need less government.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                So do you own a house in Missouri?
                Yes, I move to Missouri 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  My wife's father came over from Nigeria. One of the things he learned when he first moved here was property tax. He asked how long he had to pay it for. When he was told forever, he said so I never actually own my home?

Most Americans have zero idea that they never actually own anything, that they are renting it either from a bank, or the government.
                  Lol. So true! Same with MO Personal Property Tax you pay forever and potentially far exceeding the original purchase price.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Gov. at all levels is full of sorry individuals who think your the bank account for their social programs.
                    Yep.... you are correct sir...….

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Home, and property ownership (of any kind) in America, is a myth..

You rent it, from the state...……

And business taxes in Texas..... Are a nightmare.....
                    My profit, (small as it was) for the first two years, that I owned a beer store, were literally paid out in taxes...…….
                    Not only, did I have to pay county taxes, on any inventory I had in
                    the cooler. I had to pay taxes "on" the cooler...

Taxes, are absurd anymore......

Comment

Dont get me started...

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                        Yep.... you are correct sir...….

Home, and property ownership (of any kind) in America, is a myth..

You rent it, from the state...……

And business taxes in Texas..... Are a nightmare.....
                        My profit, (small as it was) for the first two years, that I owned a beer store, were literally paid out in taxes...…….
                        Not only, did I have to pay county taxes, on any inventory I had in
                        the cooler. I had to pay taxes "on" the cooler...

Taxes, are absurd anymore......

I totally agree and then it forces people into desperate tax manipulation and the problem worsens.

Comment

It is totally absurd and really kills the drive to work hard and have a nice life. I hate the current welfare state that we support. And, as mentioned above, wait until the Democrats get in to office. Will be worse!

Comment

I've discussed this for years. Eliminate property tax (only people who "own" property pay it), go to a flat tax on salary (6-7%), and raise the sales tax because every person who buys something pays for it.

This will sound scandalous....but there needs to be a total REDO on government budgets and prioritize exactly what the government should be involved in and eliminate what they don't. The problem will then be unemployment will SOAR!!

Comment

The gov't should only look after roads, bridges and defense. People should have to take care of themselves.

Taxes are out of control.

The time is coming when a Dem gets into office and you'll really see the wheels come off.

Comment

Working...
                              X