Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reciever Swivel Lift for cleaning and loading.... Any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reciever Swivel Lift for cleaning and loading.... Any thoughts?

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=814072

What does the Green Screen Brain Trust think about this?

It hand winches up, swivels, and locks....

Seems like the perfect thing to have in the tool box for the do it your self hunt, or even cleaning.

Any body ever had one? thoughts?
    Attached Files

what is the weight rating

Comment

300 lbs on the crank... if you wanted more sounds like you just upgrade the boat crank.

Comment

They work great!!

I have one I built out of drill stem, it is 10' from the ground to the single tree. I can easily extend it as high as I need by adding sections. In its current state the cable is the weakest link and it is rated for 1500#. I used some square tubing to stop the truck from dropping down from the weight when lifting.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin Addict View Post
          They work great!!

I have one I built out of drill stem, it is 10' from the ground to the single tree. I can easily extend it as high as I need by adding sections. In its current state the cable is the weakest link and it is rated for 1500#. I used some square tubing to stop the truck from dropping down from the weight when lifting.
          ^ Sounds like a good idea. I would think 300 lbs would hold anything that you could shoot in West Tx, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by mathewsbullseye View Post
            ^ Sounds like a good idea. I would think 300 lbs would hold anything that you could shoot in West Tx, wouldn't it?
            Yes it will, however it was built to cover just about everything i could think of, with one extension I can load or skin an elk with ease, if I can get to it.

I have used it to load and unload a 8' long, 20" diameter, 3/8" thick pipe I was going to use it for a pit. I put that thing close to 800#. I have found many uses for the crane and they are still piling up.

Comment

I definately want one... Just not sure if 300 is enough?

Im not cleaning a 300 lb stinky hog, Those you just drag off!

It would be for smaller hogs and deer, and maybe to help me get the generator in the back of the truck to go to the lease!

Comment

I am not sure if all of them come this way but make sure you can drop the tailgate with it attached.

Comment

im gonna say the cable and winch would prolly do more than 300 lbs, but where the vertical meets the bottom receiver part wouldnt, it looks as if its just a bolt, we have one that swivels higher about 4 inches below the winch and it has lifted anything ive ever wanted to.

Comment

I welded the part that normally slides into the receiver into the truck bed. That way I didn't have to remove the road feeder before I loaded the deer. It still swivels, so I can swing the deer over the tailgate.

[ATTACH]247706[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                      I welded the part that normally slides into the receiver into the truck bed. That way I didn't have to remove the road feeder before I loaded the deer. It still swivels, so I can swing the deer over the tailgate.

[ATTACH]247706[/ATTACH]
                      Now that is SWEET!

Comment

nice find

Comment

Lots of folks here on the Greenscreen have made these and put their varied twists on them. It's in my "to do" list of items this year. It would be a great item to have in the truck when the need arrives.

Greg

Comment

Good idea Scotty. Also gets the animal higher in the air with less pipe and gives you more room when you swing the animal around to put into the back of the truck. I like that.... In the process of stealing everyones ideas and putting them all together to make one of these for my dad so he can get critters into the back of his truck if he is by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin Addict View Post
                              I am not sure if all of them come this way but make sure you can drop the tailgate with it attached.
                              Good point!

Comment

Working...
                              X