Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some pictures from the grape harvest this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some pictures from the grape harvest this weekend...

I was shocked...Had 32 vines (two different varieties) and picked 160# of grapes after being de-stemmed with still probably 50# still finishing ripening...I'm starting to appreciate why a decent wine costs so much LOL.

Looks delicious.

How many bottles of wine do you get out per season?

Comment

Those look awesome!! Congrats on a great crop.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerkat View Post
        Looks delicious.

How many bottles of wine do you get out per season?
        i am brand new to this and this is and my vines are only 2 years old. This is my first harvest. After crushing and doing all the stuff to them I currently have 25 gallons of "must" brewing and am GUESSING that will translate to about 60 bottles of wine...

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

VERY NICE Jack! My BIL had his first harvest last year (I had a couple of glasses of his vintage last night as a matter of fact!) and it turned out great. My boys and his 2 sons did the stomping and it was a blast!

I didn't really know what to expect but it was amazing how good the wine came out.

Let us know how the wine turns out.

Here are a few pics from our stomp...

J.P.
            Attached Files

Comment

That's so cool!

Comment

My sister asked if we were going to stomp the grapes (I bought a little crusher) and I told her "Good Lord! Have you ever looked at my FEET?"

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                  My sister asked if we were going to stomp the grapes (I bought a little crusher) and I told her "Good Lord! Have you ever looked at my FEET?"
                  That's why we let the kids do it

J.P.

Comment

What kind of grapes are they ? Im wanting to get some vines to plant .

Comment

Awesome Pics and story, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        What kind of grapes are they ? Im wanting to get some vines to plant .
                        My vines are all 2 years old and this is their first year with grapes.

16 vines are "Black Spanish" or "Lenoir" and specifically "Favorite". These were the real prolific bearers and we got a little over 100# picked with probably 40# still on the vine finishing ripening.

The other 16 are "Conquistador"...a Florida State hybrid...They produced about 60#...very tight clusters and naturally a little sweeter than the 'Favorite"

I did a lot of research before jumping into this and tried to pick varieties I thought could survive in South Texas.

Comment

That is really cool, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Those are beautiful grapes, good job!!

Comment

Not a conesuer (sp?) of wine.......so I see lots of JELLY!!

Lots of good clusters that's for sure!

Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X