Chrons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrons

I was woken up late in the night with severe abdomen pains that finally let up after a few hours. Then alarm goes off and while getting ready for they come back to the point of taking me to my knees. Called off of work and had the wife drive me to the ER. Drs take blood and do ultrasound and keep saying they cant find anything must be bad indegestion or gas. I insisted it was not either of those so off for a Ct scan. Another 2 hours goes by and the Dr comes in and tells me his diagnosis is Chrons and that i need to follow up with my dr. Been all over the internet lastnight and today and seems this disease has a broad range of severity. Hears to hoping mines not going to be that bad. Any one else have any expreince with it? Not real sure yet what all this will entail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I was diagnosed at 28 after two major surgeries. Got with a good doctor and have no real symptoms today. I will say though, unless you control the disease, it will control every aspect of your life. Good luck and let me know if you need any insight or advice.

Comment

Several years ago I had a spate of abdominal pains that were pretty severe. Nothing seemed to help so I went to the doctor. Had a bunch of tests and they could find nothing. When it came on, I would take a pain pill and it would go right away. Haven't had one in the last few years so I guess I'm cured. Hope yours fades away too.

Comment

Smoking cannabis helps with chrons and doesn't have the side effects that other drugs have.

Comment

Ladrones is correct on this. All of the marijuana advocates will say it helps with almost any type of illness which I feel is BS. However it has been shown and tested very effective for this disease. Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Ladrones is correct on this. All of the marijuana advocates will say it helps with almost any type of illness which I feel is BS. However it has been shown and tested very effective for this disease. Prayers sent
            It is an automatic qualifier for a medical cannabis card in states that allow citizens the use of natural medicine for treatment options.

Comment

Not to sure my employer would take to kindly to medical marijuana

Comment

Most of them won’t. You can use marijuana without smoking it and actually use some that does not contain THC. I’ve done a lot of research on this disease and have a friend that retired and uses marijuana. He said it has been the best option for him but he said it still haunts him

Comment

My wife has chrons. She is currently taking stelara and so far it’s working. Chrons is a bad disease that I’ve seen take that woman to her knees. Find a good GI and keep working at it until you find the medicine that works for you. Bad part is everything that helps has some really nasty side effects. Humors is one of em. Works for a lot of people but didn’t help my wife much at all and it made her hair fall out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have my first appointment wednesday with a GI to see which way they want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                      My wife has chrons. She is currently taking stelara and so far it’s working. Chrons is a bad disease that I’ve seen take that woman to her knees. Find a good GI and keep working at it until you find the medicine that works for you. Bad part is everything that helps has some really nasty side effects. Humors is one of em. Works for a lot of people but didn’t help my wife much at all and it made her hair fall out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm the wife, all of this is true. I found out the exact same way you did. I had 3 ultrasounds over time because they always thought it was my gallbladder and then they always said indigestion or ulcer and sent me home, until the hubs made em do a CT. I'm really shocked they sent you home, I was admitted for a week for IV steroids.

I'm in this 2 years and still get different advice from Dr's. The few things I have found to hold true are dairy, raw fruits/ vegetables, nuts, and popcorn. I still eat these very sparingly. I have noticed that drinking a couple glasses of 1% milk a week seem to keep things steady.

Stress will ABSOLUTELY make it worse. I don't know if you've had alot going on, but my worst was right before our wedding. And with it being an autoimmune disorder, alot of times you has other things show up as well (I have psoriasis, and psoriatic arthritis).

Humira supposedly works great for others, but it made me miserable, and I was taking it weekly (my lord that shot hurts!!). I personally like the Stelara, it's 1 shot every 2 months. It runs about 3k a shot, but there is an amazing program that will pay it all up to $5, and that's after insurance cost. And if you have a high deductible plan like us, that meets the entire years deductible for you with just $5, it helps a ton! I can't speak om marijuana because I haven't tried it since I don't like being in my head that much, but I am considering CBD oil. Don't know how that fairs on drug tests though, I'm a SAHM.

Sorry this is so long, there are just so many pieces to this disease.

Just be prepared for longer bathroom breaks, and after seeing a dr. A few times, if you feel like it's not right, switch. And don't be afraid to tell them when something isnt working. Don't know where you are, but I use Dr. Zeibert in Round Rock and Austin. Speaks english and has an amazing PA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

CBD don't show up on whiz quizzes.

Those pharmaceuticals look expensive.

Comment

Working...
                        X