Anyone ever Removed......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever Removed......

A Fireplace???? Wife wants to remodel the living room and wants to take one out. It hasn't been used in years and doesn't do much for heat. We live in an older double wide trailer and its on the outside wall, its all fake brick and looks pretty simple to take off the frame but I'm not sure about the pipe that goes up. So anyone have any ideas??? Thanks.

Might be a good fireplace if anyone wants it.
    As far as I know it works and its all there, we just want more room.
    Thanks.

Any help?????

Comment

You might be able to tell more about the chimney pipe after you get the "brick" off. Might just leave the cap and where it goes through the roof intact and seal the pipe off some how below the roof line?
      Last edited by bassmatt72; 07-21-2013, 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It's not hard. Get a big ol flathead screwdriver to push through the joints of the pipe and pop'em loose.

Comment

I took one side of the brick off and can see the pipe going up through the roof , there is also a smaller pipe going through the floor. I think those will be pretty simple to cover, but the "smokestack pipe" is the one that looks like a big headace. Not sure how to get it out and what about the "firebox" maybe come out in one piece?? Gonna look online and make some calls. Thanks guys.

Just thought about something....this frame shouldn't be a "load bearing" of any kind huh??????
          Last edited by Texasredneck; 07-22-2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            It's not hard. Get a big ol flathead screwdriver to push through the joints of the pipe and pop'em loose.
            I assume you mean where they are put together??? Yeah I know "Duh" but it looks like it was pressed and screwed together. Gonna give it a go and see what happens. Thanks Dale.

Comment

Something like this?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374506301.489545.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	24222848

Comment

^^^^^^ yeah I think so

Comment

Getting it out really shouldn't be all that hard. And yes, the fire box should come out in one piece, at least the ones I've seen do. The one going through the floor is probably an air flow vent.

Patching the holes won't be hard if you're handy at all.

Where are you located?

Comment

^^^^ Thanks and I'm in Aledo....I was looking at the one in the floor and it all looks pretty simple. Its on a small 2" pedstal and I think I'm gonna have to take that out too. Hopefullay that "smoke pipe" will come out real easy.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Take the screw out, shove a big flathead up through the joint, and pop the handle upwards (that pic is upside down), move around the pipe doing this several times until she lets go. You'll stab the screwdriver down into the joint on the inner pipe and do the same.

Take the spark arrestor loose from the top 1st.

Comment

^^^^^ Thanks bud....gonna try a d give it a go this weekend. Hopefullay it'll be one thing I can take off my "honey do list"...LOL!!!!!

Comment

We got a fireplace kid that installs fireplaces for us who does odd jobs on the side for extra cash. It would probly take him about 10 minutes. I can get you in touch with him if you'd like. He's a great kid.

I say kid, I guess he's 20 or 21.

Comment

Working...
                            X