Painting an old Bronco II Camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting an old Bronco II Camo

got a new truck for the lease and about to paint it camo. I have read abunch of stories on the internet and how to's...

Wanted to see if anyone on TBH has done it, if so, the steps and time frame. I appreciate any feedback and will def post before and after pictures!

Thanks guys

old jimmy B!

Comment

Ive done it a time or two. This one took me two afternoons

Comment

Looks really good!

How'd you do it? Tape it off, sand the old paint then spray paint the base?

Comment

bronco paint

Depending on the condition of the paint you do not need to sand the entire truck. If you have spots with flaws such as rust spots and or flaking paint, you will need to sand those areas and prime in order to avoid your new paint from flaking. In all other areas you can scuff with a standard grey or red scotch brite pad that can be found typically at an oreilly's or a similar place. Mix water and a form of degreaser soap to dip the pad in. This will save you time in sanding and will leave a truer finish to the truck instead of having sand scratches in your paint as well as clean any grease or oil residue on the vehicle. From there you will need to be sure you wash or clean the exterior to keep dirt residue from effecting the finish of your paint. When painting you want a clean surface so that the paint sticks well. Try to clean areas around the panels you plan on painting so that dust does not fly up as you spray. You will need to back tape the areas you do not want paint. Spray in a area where you can limit the exposure from dust but has decent ventilation. Hope my tips help I will continue to check this thread if you have more questions.

Comment

Sounds good! Gonna get started on it Thursday so looking for as much knoweledge as possible

Comment

Working...
            X