Floating Duck Blind #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
    I would like to. I put an ad on SETX.com but I doubt anyone will be willing to pay what I am asking. I wish I could say it only took 40 hours to build this thing but when it was all said and done I bet between me and friends we had 80-100 hours in it. Plus about $1,000 in materials so it is creeping up around the $2.5-3k range. I figured if anyone wants one that bad they could just build it themselves.

Everything task would end up taking double the time I figured it would.
    Yea, you've got some money and time in it but it's got to feel good having done it yourself and you know its going to last too.

Comment

Extremely impressive work.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Allaroundhunt View Post
        Yea, you've got some money and time in it but it's got to feel good having done it yourself and you know its going to last too.
        No doubt, I am going to build one more identical to this one next year and then I will be done building blinds for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          Extremely impressive work.

Rwc
          Thanks! I am going to set it out tomorrow morning as long as the weather is decent and I'll post some pictures of it ready to hunt.

Comment

No doubt, I am going to build one more identical to this one next year and then I will be done building blinds for a long time.
            You say that now......... wait until you find "the spot" and you'll have another one whipped up.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
              You say that now......... wait until you find "the spot" and you'll have another one whipped up.
              Yea if we ever can get our 640 acre reservoir back into huntable shape then I will probably have to build 4 or 5 more I guess!

Comment

Yea if we ever can get our 640 acre reservoir back into huntable shape then I will probably have to build 4 or 5 more I guess!
                Insert sign "Will Work For Hunts"

Comment

Here is some pictures for some people who thought the blind would be to high profile. This is it without any weight in it.

Dog ramp down

Comment

I need to spray paint the chains black

Comment

Job well done JP!

I definitely would throw a coat of paint on those chains, other than that heck you can hardly tell its in there.

Comment

Did you get to hunt it ? How did it work? Any modifications planned for Floating Duck Blind #3?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe_diem View Post
                          Did you get to hunt it ? How did it work? Any modifications planned for Floating Duck Blind #3?
                          Yea we did, we had 5 people in it which was probably 1 too many like I figured. 4 would be perfect. It was so stable it felt like you were in wooden frame blind. I don't think I need to make any modifications to future blinds!

Comment

That's awesome1
                            Now I need to convince my hunting buddies to build one just like it.

Comment

Working...
                            X