Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #1
Gumbo Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Onalaska Texas
Default Pet Peeves———- Who’s Gottum?

Ok enough of this hunting garbage. Let’s talk about real issues. LOL. It seems the older I get the thinner my skin gets concerning my growing number of pet peeves. Maybe it’s the fact that my target buck hasn’t shown up yet or maybe I just need to go earhole a pig but my drawers really get in a wad when I go to the grocery store and there are shopping carts left in a parking slot 15 feet from a cart rack. Let’s not talk about the total lack of respect for others but that is just absolute laziness. I’ve often thought in my judgmental mind ( I really need to work on that) that laziness leads to obesity and laziness shouldn’t be considered a handicap. Next up is the young grocery clerk that responds to your “ thankyou” with “ no problem”. Well I’m glad it wasn’t a problem for her. Wouldn’t want to burden the staff. Ok. I feel better now. But still gonna go and earhole a pig.
Gumbo Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 12:48 PM   #2
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Calm down.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
Canoe1
Ten Point

Laziness

My kids leaving trash on the counter right next to trash can.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Canoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

My pet peeve is the guy at the grocery store that greets folks coming in. His name is Chad and he wears women's dresses.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 12:52 PM   #5
D-BULL
Six Point

Hunt In: LIVEOAK, DIMMIT

Its pure laziness and they dont give a s**t! I see it everyday! I feel your pain!
D-BULL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 12:56 PM   #6
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

I’m a persnickety old fart and I’ve got way too many pet peeve’s to list here but suffice it to say, I hate people.
Well except y’all, I like y’all…well most of y’all.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 12:57 PM   #7
Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan

I say "no problem" or "no worries" to thank you all the time. Never in a million years did I think a grumpy, judgmental old man would spend time dwelling on it.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 12:59 PM   #8
txhoghunter2
Eight Point

Hunt In: Northeast TX

People that don’t understand how a 4-way stop works…..
txhoghunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #9
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tyler County

Where do you want me to start?

Bad manners. Women driving while man is in passenger seat. Someone eating with chopsticks when a fork is available. Bras. Kids not saying yes sir and no sir. People not saying thanks when you hold the door. Fans not being realistic about their favorite sports team. Ugly feet. Women in flats. United Airlines (I’m on a plane now). Talking loudly on phone in public. People without landline phones. Men in visors. People that think Pappasitos is Mexican food. People that can’t stomach Taco Bell, Panchos or even McDonalds. White tennis shoes. Men jeans with glitter and decorative stitching. Mostly just everything that other people do.

Y’all have a wonderful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #10
Deerguy
Ten Point

People that think everything is a conspiracy against them. Oh, and entitlement, both from the rich and poor alike.
Deerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #11
Hunting4fun
Ten Point

Quote:
but my drawers really get in a wad when I go to the grocery store and there are shopping carts left in a parking slot 15 feet from a cart rack.
Look up Cart Narcs on YouTube. That will at least give you a laugh.
Hunting4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #12
ATXRaider83
Eight Point

Hunt In: Garza County

People that treat service industry people poorly over insignificant things.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
ATXRaider83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:16 PM   #13
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post

Bad manners. Women driving while man is in passenger seat. Someone eating with chopsticks when a fork is available. Bras. Kids not saying yes sir and no sir. People not saying thanks when you hold the door. Fans not being realistic about their favorite sports team. Ugly feet. Women in flats. United Airlines (I’m on a plane now). Talking loudly on phone in public. People without landline phones. Men in visors. People that think Pappasitos is Mexican food. People that can’t stomach Taco Bell, Panchos or even McDonalds. White tennis shoes. Men jeans with glitter and decorative stitching. Mostly just everything that other people do.

Other than the men in passenger seat while a lady drives, I can't argue with any of that. And as it pertains to men in the passenger seat while a lady drives, it is NOT my choice to ever ride while my wife drives, but sometimes (maybe 6-8 times a year, usually when we are headed to Houston for some godawful reason in rush hour traffic) she just ain't in the mood to deal with my lack of patience for idiots on the road, and gets behind the wheel for her own sanity truth be known, the kids probably ask her to do that periodically as well
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:18 PM   #14
Walker
Pope & Young

Slow driver in the left lane.
Walker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:20 PM   #15
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Define slow.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #16
Gumbo Man
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I say "no problem" or "no worries" to thank you all the time. Never in a million years did I think a grumpy, judgmental old man would spend time dwelling on it.
So I put money in your hand and buy your product and you don’t feel the need to thank me? Yes I’m grumpy and judgmental and you just said a lot about yourself as well. Dwell on it.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:25 PM   #17
Gumbo Man
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezy Rider View Post
I’m a persnickety old fart and I’ve got way too many pet peeve’s to list here but suffice it to say, I hate people.
Well except y’all, I like y’all…well most of y’all.
Geez Geezy Rider. Don’t know if you know it but you just said that out loud!! LOL
Old 10-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #18
swamprabbit59
Eight Point

Hunt In: Where I Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

swamprabbit59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:29 PM   #19
Gumbo Man
Ten Point

Quote:

Your never at a loss for words my friend. LOL. Don’t let those airline people give you any crap either !!!
Old 10-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #20
Walker
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
Define slow.
5 over posted is slow to me.
Walker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:33 PM   #21
bow4my2
Pope & Young

All of these as listed above in addition to, not letting people exit before entering in various settings. Elevators , parking lots , businesses. And then the jack*%% who always feels they need exit the plane faster than you rather than just going row by row- I purposely stand in the way because I’m an %*£hole
bow4my2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #22
ElfEyes
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

People that litter, also I think everyone that doesn't use blinkers should be shot in the arse with rock salt
ElfEyes is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #23
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo Man View Post
Geez Geezy Rider. Don’t know if you know it but you just said that out loud!! LOL
He likes me and I like him. We are both grumps and some how manage to carry on a conversation from time to time...
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:40 PM   #24
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I've gotten more understanding as I've gotten older. Or maybe just don't care as much because me caring isn't going to change anything. Having said that it annoys me when people say they're trying to change their life for the better but they do the same things they've always done,associate with the same people that cause them grief,etc. Whether it's people complaining about relationships with people,addiction or bad habits or financial issues. Which go hand in hand a lot of times. If you don't like where you're at in life,who you're with or if you don't like what you see when you look in the mirror then change. Stop cryin about it and just do it. Jesus ain't gonna perform a miracle and change things for you. He's got more important things to do. Start trying to change things for the better and the rest will follow.

If you leave your shopping cart in my way I'll just run into it and move it. Little things like that don't phase me. Be lazy and put an obstacle in my way. I'll move it aggressively. My give a crapper about the stupid annoying things people do is busted in a big way.

Last edited by okrattler; 10-08-2021 at 01:44 PM.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #25
CaptainDave
Ten Point

- Dog owners that don't pick up their dog's ****, whether it be in a neighboring yard, sidewalk, public area, etc.

- Someone blocking a gas pump at a busy Buccees while they go inside and use the clean facilities or shop around

- Tailgaters on congested highways thinking one car length is going to make a difference

- Long line at an order at the counter type of place and people get up there and still don't know what they want to order.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:48 PM   #26
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

People texting and driving in the left lane, texting at a red light and not paying attention.
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:51 PM   #27
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertzon Man View Post
People texting and driving in the left lane, texting at a red light and not paying attention.
Pain is a good teacher. Whether physical,mental or financial. I want one of these people to smash into me so they can buy me a new vehicle. I just want them to be going fast enough to do damage to me or the vehicle so I can get something out of it. None of that fender bender crap. If we're gonna play bumper cars lets play for real.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 01:52 PM   #28
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

My biggest pet peeve is a poor communicator. In the world of texting and cellphones, there is no excuse not to shoot off a 5 sec text to somebody. Especially one, when I am around them, has their nose buried in their phone 24-7 otherwise. I see it at work, w/friends/family, deer lease business, classifieds etc etc.......
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:00 PM   #29
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

My other is people not saying Thank You. I could go on and on about this but there are some folks that weren't raised right.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #30
KGreene
Four Point

Hunt In: Hopkins County

I told my new bride 37 years ago that we will not use cheap toothpaste and I do not eat breakfast for dinner. So far she hasn’t crossed the line.
KGreene is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #31
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, Counties

All the **** specialized parking spaces in front of stores. Handicap, pregnant women/Burndell barbqueing, police officers, internet order spaces, etc. How about one for grouchy old *******s?
M16 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #32
swamprabbit59
Eight Point

Hunt In: Where I Can

As far as parking lots go I’ve never understood people driving around or waiting for a spot closer to the front door and holding everyone else up etc. when the weather is nice at that, all to save 40 yds of walking.. Then go inside and walk around for 30 min.

swamprabbit59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:20 PM   #33
eradicator
Pope & Young

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Pappasito's not being Mexican food but liking Taco Bell and Panchos
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:20 PM   #34
FVR JR
Ten Point

Hunt In: Someplace, TX

Panhandlers. Seems like there's one on every corner now with a sign begging for handouts and too many of them just won't leave you alone.

Getting glared at when I hold a door for a lady. I hold them for everyone, and you ain't that hot anyway.

Impatient jerks tailgating and weaving through heavy traffic. We're all stuck, so get your butt in line.

The list goes on and on, I'm convinced most people just get sorrier as time passes. Maybe its just me getting grumpier haha
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:22 PM   #35
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGreene View Post
I told my new bride 37 years ago that we will not use cheap toothpaste and I do not eat breakfast for dinner. So far she hasn’t crossed the line.
Shoot, I’ll eat breakfast all day every day but not cereal...I mean full course breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy...it’s a meal at any time of day
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:25 PM   #36
CEO
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, MO, CO

People who grab food off your plate without asking. Buddy in high school grabbed a tater tot off my plate. I threw his whole plate across the cafeteria. Felt so bad I bought him more food.

People who stay in the main lane to turn when there is a shoulder to move over.
CEO is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:29 PM   #37
TheHammer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke Co, Panola Co

Someone chewing with their mouth open!!! If I can hear someone eating I’ll leave the room. Haha
TheHammer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #38
RedYote
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Women driving while man is in passenger seat.
Women cant drive in Porter? ha
RedYote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #39
billfromtx
Pope & Young

RUDE and INCONSIDERATE people….and ALL that entails!
billfromtx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:33 PM   #40
Smokeater
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfEyes View Post
People that litter, also I think everyone that doesn't use blinkers should be shot in the arse with rock salt
Agree. Num-nums with feed sacks, DEF boxes and other crap in their truck beds and know **** good and well it's gonna blow out. DEF boxes left by the pumps, fire-ants, chiggers and commercials.....
Smokeater is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:33 PM   #41
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bow4my2 View Post
All of these as listed above in addition to, not letting people exit before entering in various settings. Elevators , parking lots , businesses. And then the jack*%% who always feels they need exit the plane faster than you rather than just going row by row- I purposely stand in the way because I’m an %*£hole
Peeves.
1. @s#holes
2. People who tail gate me while I drive in the left lane. I just go a lot slower.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:37 PM   #42
bobc
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bell County, New Mexico

People from out of state that do not scoot over onto the shoulder so you can pass while going down country roads. It used to be common courtesy.

People that take forever at a convenience store checkout trying to decide which lottery ticket they want.
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:37 PM   #43
bow4my2
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Peeves.
1. @s#holes
2. People who tail gate me while I drive in the left lane. I just go a lot slower.
I see what you did there. Good one amigo
bow4my2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #44
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
My biggest pet peeve is a poor communicator. In the world of texting and cellphones, there is no excuse not to shoot off a 5 sec text to somebody. Especially one, when I am around them, has their nose buried in their phone 24-7 otherwise. I see it at work, w/friends/family, deer lease business, classifieds etc etc.......
man, I know!!!! Burns me up, someone leaving me hanging like that. UGGGGH!

also, people driving in the far RIGHT lane for miles and miles and never exit nor have entered the highway. At least get into one of the next 2 lanes in the center and let those using the on/off ramps do what they need to do without you adding extra congestion.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #45
EZ40
Six Point

Hunt In: Runnels County

When I sit on the toilet and my johnson hits the water. Ticks me off every time.
EZ40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:42 PM   #46
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

I have learned not to let stuff (like the stuff mentioned above) get to me anymore. I have become a happier/healthier person because of it. Why should I ruin my high because of someone else's lack of character or morals.. that I can not change? Where's the win in that equation for me?
Besides my wife is so mad at the world and everyone in it she complains enough to cover us both.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:44 PM   #47
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Peeves.
1. @s#holes
I would just go around you on the shoulder...
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:52 PM   #48
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ40 View Post
When I sit on the toilet and my johnson hits the water. Ticks me off every time.
Adjust your commode float. Water shouldn’t come up above the seat.
M16 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:54 PM   #49
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post
adjust your commode float. Water shouldn’t come up above the seat.
lol !!
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2021, 02:54 PM   #50
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ40 View Post
Lucky for me it ain't very deep.