Ford Maverick Vs SxS's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Maverick Vs SxS's

I'm thinking my next ranch ride might be a 2.0l 4wd Ford Maverick.

Optioned the way I want it, it's $26K. Its cheaper than an enclosed SxS with a/c and a stereo added. It has a bigger bed. It can tow 4k lbs. I doubt it can go as many places as a SxS but I'm not some hardcore offroader. I don't stray to far from the internal network of roads on my place. Hey its also going to have a better warranty than any SxS on the market. And if I need something from town I can legally take this on the highway.

Anyone have good reasons why this wouldn't be a better route than a SxS other than off road prowess?

I had to look up what a ford maverick was because I was thinking a 70's Maverick LOL.

It's annoying when they recycle vehicle names.....

SxS's are cool, but pretty overpriced for what you get

Comment

Ford Maverick Vs SxS's

I would be more inclined to buy a ford ranger. Maverick sits to low just my opinion

BETTER RESALE VALUE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing like the Maverick my old man used to drive when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
          I had to look up what a ford maverick was because I was thinking a 70's Maverick LOL.

It's annoying when they recycle vehicle names.....

SxS's are cool, but pretty overpriced for what you get
          Why didn't they use Ranchero?

Comment

That doesn’t look to bad I’ve got to get my wife a new vehicle,then it can become the designated lease ride in a few years.

Comment

Looks like a Honda truckette ....I’d pass... too low ground clearance for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                Why didn't they use Ranchero?
                Probably racially insensitive

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  I'm thinking my next ranch ride might be a 2.0l 4wd Ford Maverick.

Optioned the way I want it, it's $26K. Its cheaper than an enclosed SxS with a/c and a stereo added. It has a bigger bed. It can tow 4k lbs. I doubt it can go as many places as a SxS but I'm not some hardcore offroader. I don't stray to far from the internal network of roads on my place. Hey its also going to have a better warranty than any SxS on the market. And if I need something from town I can legally take this on the highway.

Anyone have good reasons why this wouldn't be a better route than a SxS other than off road prowess?
                  Spend $26k on the nicest Toyota 4Runner you can find, and beat them all.

Comment

Went back and fourth on this a lot with 4x4 jeep liberty or Ford Ranger. Ultimately went with SxS bc could go more places, lighter and more built for what i wanted to do with suspension. The main benefit for the car/truck woulda been AC and climate controlled against rain. I know some SxS have those options but they want as much as a new car so i passed. I have an old farm truck if it's raining or extreme hot outside.

Comment

The Maverick is built on a unibody. Which means it will be much more flexy over the rocks. Ford will say it's not a big deal, but that truck is really built for the pavement, much like all SUVs made today. I wouldn't bring it off road. Does it have a low range? How much clearance? How much suspension travel?

I suspect 3-4 years of ranch use, it's gonna rattle and creak like an old wooden ship. Inside and out.

Have you seen the new Bronco on trail runs yet? Several videos of the most hardcore Bronco (I don't recall the name), with busted front steering/suspension components after 5 minutes on the trail. This was the model that was specifically built to climb rocks and go off road.

Comment

My buddy had a Maverick in high school. It sucked in the mud.

Comment

OP, what did you ever decide? Did you get a Maverick?

Oh and what is an SxS?

Comment

TFL Truck on the tube recently tested a hybrid Maverick. It has almost 1500 pound payload capacity which they tested. They also tested fuel economy. After 100 miles of backroads highways it got a little over 40 mpg!

Comment

Ford maverick

Ford mavericks last a couple of hours at our dealership. Wanted to deck one out with a 3'' lift and some offroad tires, to post here, but they sell as soon as they get here.
                              Last edited by no bait; 12-11-2021, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X