So your going to have an opening?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Send thor thunder aka Johnny dangerrr

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
        I know at some point, some of you guys have had to have told someone they weren’t welcome back on a lease for the next season. There’s a chance I may have to do that next year with one that’s just always creating drama. How have y’all done it in the past, for those of you that have? Just tell them they aren’t welcome back and they have whatever amount of time to get their stuff out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Okay, am I the only one wanting to know more about the drama?

It's not rocket surgery. Are you the lease manager, or do you have one? Just tell him he has tinkled in your Wheaties one too many times, and y'all want him gone.

Comment

We do have written rules and he’s violated several in the past and been talked to about it. I just don’t see it getting any better. He’s my friend so that makes it tough but I’m afraid he’s not going to get any better. I’m definitely waiting until after season so we’ll see how this season goes. Just planning now for the worst in case it comes to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had one member cut up the land owners lounge chairs to sh*t out of. Everyone was upset, luckily the land owner was happy we replaced them. We just asked him not to come back the following year and another member bought his stands and feeders. He knew he screwed up and owned up to it. Mess with my stuff fine, but the land owner's that's a different story.

Comment

It is always tough but honesty is the best policy. I just say sorry but you are not welcome get your crap and go. If they ask why be honest and straight forward.

Comment

I’ve been managing a lease since 1989. I’ve had to tell a handful they had to go. I think 3 were immediately removed. A couple others I told at the end of the season. I have written rules though. If they didn’t have their stuff off the lease by March 1st it no longer belongs to them. I’ve had a guy get fighting mad and another cry, but a hunting lease ain’t the place for constant drama from someone. When it becomes addition by subtraction you know you’re making the right decision, and everyone left is better off.

You just have to tell them how it is. They don’t have to like it. It sucks but it has to be done

Comment

We had to kick the land owners son off!
                  He would move hunting spots during the week and not tell anyone! Setting up to close to others!
                  He killed little deer and he drank to much!
                  Not everyone gets it!

Comment

He’s your friend but apparently not a member here!!!
                    I would just send him a certified letter saying his part of the lease is not going to be up for renewal. Next sentence would be you have 30 days from the receipt of this letter to remove any personal belongings. That’s it!!! I wouldn’t bring anything else into it.

Comment

I had a lease for 18 years in Runnels Co. In that time I let a couple different guys pay for a spot. I had to oust both of them eventually, one after one season, the other after three seasons. It wasn’t hard, I just told them to find another place to hunt. They did.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Around here.....The most common reason for a member being removed is killing the biggest deer on the lease two years in a row. I dont know how your agreement reads but most have a disclaimer that members can vecremoved at the managers discretion.
                        This actually happens and more than one would think... Especially on leases that allow bowhunting.. If the lease boss doesn't bowhunt there will be problems.. "Drama" is coming..
                        Jealousy is a nasty trait to posess for some.

Comment

I have had to ask some people to get gone for splitting a lease spot with a family member or friend, and one for having a mouthy wife ( she was the drama starter ) , I would ask him to
                          Leave ASAP so the drama doesn’t elevate

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                            I have had to do it a few times. It does not matter how you handle it. In their minds you will always be the bad guy. I would just suggest having someone with you. Tell the straight forward and then don't worry or think about it again.

-john

100%. Correct do not pussyfoot around the matter like tearing off a bandage

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I’ve been managing a lease since 1989. I’ve had to tell a handful they had to go. I think 3 were immediately removed. A couple others I told at the end of the season. I have written rules though. If they didn’t have their stuff off the lease by March 1st it no longer belongs to them. I’ve had a guy get fighting mad and another cry, but a hunting lease ain’t the place for constant drama from someone. When it becomes addition by subtraction you know you’re making the right decision, and everyone left is better off.

You just have to tell them how it is. They don’t have to like it. It sucks but it has to be done
                              This sums it up - no need to meet in person because that will just be more drama - email him and tell him why (so you have it in writing) because if he did what you said he did then he knows he broke the rules - good luck

Comment

I have only booted one in 40 yrs of leasing.The dude was a member here until he threatened a few TBH’rs He was stalking a member here at his place of business. (But hurt in the politics forum).��He was just one of those guys that ruined the deer camp atmosphere.Mofo was a drama queen deluxe!I gave him the gate on the last day.��
                                Last edited by crowmagnum; 09-10-2021, 04:58 PM. Reason: None

Comment

Working...
                                X