I think I just got Scammed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I just got Scammed.

My daughters birthday is today and she's been wanting a Hedgehog. I found a lady on FB that had a very nice website. Her phone number was listed and she returned my calls promptly up until the deposit was made, now crickets. Hard to believe people will go to such great lengths to scam people. Now I have no gift for my daughters birthday.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Send me the number. Ill call and see if its still crickets. Wont bring you up. Just check and see if shes looking out for your number.

Comment

I thought you were gonna say you got scammed by your daughter to get a hedgehog.

Now, I know nothing about no hedgehogging...but maybe she had to go catch one and cant have the phone ringing/vibrating and messing up her stand setup?

Comment

Sounds like you did. Post the number and Facebook site so we can help you out.

Comment

Looks like you're not far from Houston. This is an interesting shop and they should have some available if you need one last minute for the birthday girl. I'd be willing to help cover some of your lost deposit as well.

We sell hedgehogs online, delivered to an airport near you. Check out our prices and availability. We are a USDA breeder in Houston, TX and have over 15 years breeding experience. We have a climate controlled facility that houses only our animals.We are visited regularly by veterinarians, including Dr. David Brust, who is the President of the Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians. We take great pride in only selling the hedgehogs that we raise ourselves. We don't buy from someone else and re-sell them. These are our babies!

Comment

"Looks like you're not far from Houston. This is an interesting shop and they should have some available if you need one last minute for the birthday girl. I'd be willing to help cover some of your lost deposit as well."

I'd be willing to pitch in as well if needed.

Comment

I may have to get one of them.

Gary

Comment

S&S Exotic Animals, Houston's Unique Pet Shop

I have bought animals from this place several times. They are a legit business and usually have hedgehogs

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                  Send me the number. Ill call and see if its still crickets. Wont bring you up. Just check and see if shes looking out for your number.
                  Well, what happened?!

Comment

If she’s interested in tarantulas I’m happy to help. They aren’t quite as cute as hedgehogs though.

Comment

Check with www.happyhogs.net out of Lubbock. It’s where we got our daughters hedgehog.

Comment

dang sad to hear that, my ex-wife always had em when we were dating/married they are pretty cool critters. i dont know how far you are from dallas but i could try and find the guy i bought my last one from if you would like?

Comment

A big bag of bubble gum is cheaper and less maintenance...by far. HEB aint far and aint likely to scam you MrSlayer.

Happy birthday to little Lady Slayer! I hope the scammer gets what she deserves.

Comment

S&S Exotics have been around for a while.

Comment

Thanks for all the offers guys, that sure goes a long ways to restoring faith in humanity. We went to S&S and she found one that she liked.
                              While on the way there the other lady finally returned my call. She has agreed to refund my deposit and has been super apologetic. She has offered to also give my daughter a gift of her starter kit at no cost just as an apology and birthday gift. It makes me feel better to know it was an honest human mistake. If she had been 20 min earlier we would have taken her up on her offer...however we decided since we were already on our way to see the other hedgehogs we'd forgo the offer.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X