Energy Orge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Orge

It looks like the provider they just moved me to has sold out everything to Reliant. Did not see that coming.

You are currently enrolled in a 12 month contract with First Choice Power for the following address:

First Choice Power will be transferring all of its electricity accounts to Reliant Energy. Your account will transfer sometime between now and the first of December. You should receive notice from Reliant Energy regarding this transfer, if you have not already.

The following items are important to note:

Reliant Energy will be honoring the rate, terms, and end date of your current plan with First Choice Power. You will receive a letter from Reliant Energy with your new account information.

Hmmmmmm...

Johnny you may have option to switch to a new provider at the end of your contract. Imho you might be better off with reliant. Just based off my 40yrs in the electric utility.

Comment

Interesting. I just switched over to them this year. What is the concern?

Comment

I got the same message. Energy Ogre has been good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          I got the same message. Energy Ogre has been good for me.
          The recent jump is my 3rd they have moved me to. Did not think one provider could sell off their customers to another provider.

Been great for us...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            It looks like the provider they just moved me to has sold out everything to Reliant. Did not see that coming.

You are currently enrolled in a 12 month contract with First Choice Power for the following address:

First Choice Power will be transferring all of its electricity accounts to Reliant Energy. Your account will transfer sometime between now and the first of December. You should receive notice from Reliant Energy regarding this transfer, if you have not already.

The following items are important to note:

Reliant Energy will be honoring the rate, terms, and end date of your current plan with First Choice Power. You will receive a letter from Reliant Energy with your new account information.

Hmmmmmm...
            I'm not sure what is happening in the energy provider market right now, but I got a similar email from Energy Ogre stating Discount Power bought out V247 Power, who they currently had me with. My account got switched to Discount Power, and they are honoring my current price rate I had with V247 Power.

Comment

I got the same letter...
              We'll see...

Comment

Expect this to happen often in the Texas retail power market. Some of the lowest price suppliers are nothing more than very thinly capitalized start-ups operating out of someone's garage. Once they hit a certain number of customers, they can usually sell out to a major or merge with another retailer of similar size. If another storm like February's happens again, it will crush those who don't hedge their business and most of the small one's dont hedge. Either way, this market keeps the power prices lower for everyone and Energy Ogre will take care of you and move you to another retailer if needed. Unless you live in an area served by a co-op, then you have no choice. Most co-ops run pretty lean and keep costs low anyway.

Comment

Johnny is living right. You all got an ogre.... he got an orge.

Comment

Working...
                  X