NAP Spitfire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAP Spitfire??

Anyone shooting these? I shot a pig this past week with a 3 blade spitfire and when I found my arrow, the blades were closed. At first I thought it failed but the pig died 30-40 yards from the feeder and had a decent size hole where the arrow passed through. I read that the blades on these open when they hit the animal and then close again upon exit.

Anyone else experienced this? Should I stick with them or switch to something else?

I’ve used them quite a bit over the years and I have found them to be very reliable. On pass throughs I’ve seen the blades look closed when I’ve got the arrow. Not like 100% closed but might look like it didn’t open but then when I look at the animal they for sure opened. I will continue to use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stephenosborne0 View Post
      Anyone shooting these? I shot a pig this past week with a 3 blade spitfire and when I found my arrow, the blades were closed. At first I thought it failed but the pig died 30-40 yards from the feeder and had a decent size hole where the arrow passed through. I read that the blades on these open when they hit the animal and then close again upon exit.

Anyone else experienced this? Should I stick with them or switch to something else?
      I have ben shooting them for years and I have killed a truck load with them.. I have never had one fail to open.. Your arrow could have been pulled backwards causing them to fold closed..

Comment

I killed a bunch of animals with them. They do deflect some on hard quartering shots. Also I had one deflect off ribs and go between shoulder and vitals without opening at all. The arrow had been in my quiver since the year before and probably got rained on as the blade pivots were rusted.

Comment

Love the 3 blade spitfires. Been using them for several years with no issues.

Comment

That’s about right. Good head. I successfully used them for several year. Had one bad shot with them. Just keep an eye on blade sharpness and ferrule straightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know, thanks guys.

Comment

If you want to stick with NAP, the kill zone is a good alternative and has rear deployment. Shot placement is key IMO.

Comment

I don’t see how they couldn’t open. I’ve had that happen with them and grims, they almost always slam shut after pass through. There great heads, very sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenosborne0 View Post

They are my go too and have been very good to me thus far. I was turned to them by my canadian hunting buddies. I have shot 10 Plus whitetails, 20 plus pigs, 2 alberta mule deer and one elk with them thus far.
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Similar luck as posted above. They are my main go-to and the majority of my bow kills have been made with them. No issues whatsoever, even when shooting through mesh.

Comment

Used them with my bow for years,I used them now for my xbow.i put bands on them but I dont think its necessary. Wicked heads ,good blood trails, I've found them closed before and thought the same thing,but results dont lie.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot the Spitfire Maxx, they’re cut on contact. I’ve never had an issue with them and they’ve killed every animal I shot with them.

Comment

I don't think there can be any problems

Comment

Working...
                            X