Shut it down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shut it down!

You'd think some people think shutting down the government is a disaster, but we used to shut it down a lot. Only non essential positions will be furloughed, so only 1/3 of employees will get an unpaid .. oh wait. .. last time is became a paid vacation.

Essential services will continue. So shut it down.

I wish we could wipe it all out and start over, so yeah Im all for a shutdown.

Comment

Like.you mentioned....its a paid vacation for some.
      I'd prefer a real shutdown, like 75% and no pay. But there has to be a wall regardless in the end.
      5bil is pocket change in the grand scheme of things. It is one thing that will pay for itself in months and start making money. Hell I'm pretty sure the post office still loses that much every year.

Comment

Shut it down..

Comment

Wait till after my USPS delivery gets here and then SHUT THAT MUTHA DOWN!

Comment

As long as it doesn't shut down the green screen we will all be OK

Comment

It won't stop the illegal immigration ... Waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                It won't stop the illegal immigration ... Waste of money.
                Yah, I'm not tracking on this one either. Just like what has been mentioned. A bunch of people get a paid vacation, the problems persist, then back to biz as usual. Never worked in a place where not going to work got the work done.
                But I will admit I may not completely understand the fine print in the strategy.

Comment

Paid vacations!!!

Comment

Pretty sure it was gonna "shut down" on the 21st for Christmas anyway.

Comment

No bueno, my better half will work for no check if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                        No check, or delayed check?

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                          Just delayed a week or two

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll go for it as long as our congress folk get in on the no-pay deal too!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              You'd think some people think shutting down the government is a disaster, but we used to shut it down a lot. Only non essential positions will be furloughed, so only 1/3 of employees will get an unpaid .. oh wait. .. last time is became a paid vacation.

Essential services will continue. So shut it down.
                              ...….you would be correct sir! Just noise at best, shut it down. Regrettably, todays talks sound like there will be an extension signed by Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X