Scope(s) for 375 H&H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope(s) for 375 H&H

So, I accidentally bought a 375 H&H on Gunbroker. Well, that' s my story anyway. So I bought a nice 1-4 Zeiss which will be great for close up buff. I feel like I could use this rifle for plains game too but would want more magnification.

What about this? Buy a second scope with more magnification then use Leupold two piece quick release base/rings for both scopes. Sight the low power in for say 50 yards and shoot 300 grain soft point/solids and sight the the higher power to be a few inches high at 100 and shoot lighter, say 220-260. I could use the 375 on Nilgai and Elk too.

Thoughts? AM I missing something?

Leupold Vx-6 2-12x42 or vx5 2-10x42 problem solved

Comment

I'd sell the 1-4 and buy a quality 1-8 or 1-10 to use for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
        I'd sell the 1-4 and buy a quality 1-8 or 1-10 to use for everything.
        Yup. I have a S&B Ethos? and it is a great all around scope for Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          Leupold Vx-6 2-12x42 or vx5 2-10x42 problem solved
          Bingo! Came here to say the same

Firedot reticle is money on a gun like that.

Swaro Z8 2-16 is another very good option. Illuminated and on 2x it’s super fast. Then crank it up as needed for longer shots.

Comment

I’ve talking to a lot of guys who will be using their 375 just like you described. The one scope that most say is perfect is the Leupold vx-3i 2.5 x 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
              So, I accidentally bought a 375 H&H on Gunbroker.
              Quote of the day...

I've been using a Leopold 2 x 8 on a 375 H&H for Nilgai that last of couple of years and its been very effective. The lightest rounds I could find were 275 grain bullets, which seems to work well. Keep in mind, the trajectory is almost identical to 30.06. No issues within 200 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                I’ve talking to a lot of guys who will be using their 375 just like you described. The one scope that most say is perfect is the Leupold vx-3i 2.5 x 8.
                This...

Comment

Sounds like I just need a different scope. Thanks for the input

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've shot tons of stuff from dik dik to lion and a bunch of Cape buffalo
                    285 gr speer grand slams are the best bullet I ever found for it
                    retains about 90% weight retention

Comment

I have a Leupold 3-9 on my 375 H&H. I figured that was the best of both worlds for my needs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used my 375 H&H with a 1 1/2 x 5 scope and have shot many plains game as well as steenbok and duiker. the scope is fine if you have it scoped in accurately

Comment

I have one with a VX6 2x10 fire dot reticle. It’s a great setup for all African game. Fire dot saved me on a couple animals in super low light conditions.

Comment

4x is plenty of magnification for 300 yds...especially for anything large enough to warrant a 375. I'd stick to one reliable/tough scope

Comment

I ran a 2.5x8 leupold for a long time. I now have a 1.5x5 leupold. I want to go back to 2.5x8

Comment

Working...
                              X