A hankering for a longbow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hankering for a longbow....

I've got one ancent old compound and three Bob Lee takedowns. I don't NEED anything. But, thinking about getting a longbow to have something else to play with and be able to shoot in "longbow only" 3D's.

Beside, I figure if Bisch can shoot a longbow, anybody can. Right?

Looking at the Bodnik Quick Stick, Slick Stick, and Mesa II availalbe at 3Rivers just to get my feet wet. Maybe a custom later if I enjoy longbows.

Anybody have experience with these?

I’ve never tried any of those but I’ve heard good things about the bodnik. From my experience I haven’t had good luck with cheaper longbows with the exception of the Samick verna. I’ve never had a recurve that didn’t shoot decent no matter the quality but I have had longbows rattle my teeth that weren’t built right. You can find a good quality used longbow for about 350-400 that will resale for that if you don’t like it. Just my 2 cents longbows are like toilet paper it pays to get quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At some point I’m gonna get a nice R/D style longbow. They are nice

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
        That's some dangerous thinking right there!

Only longbow I have personal experience with is a Toelke Whip. You can find one used on Archery Talk or 4-500 oftentimes, and they're great bows. But... there's a ton of great bows out there these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post

Hey, I heard that!!!!!!!!

Once you start shooting longbows, you’ll likely sell all but one of those recurves!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Primal Tech by Randy Madden.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Once you start shooting longbows, you’ll likely sell all but one of those recurves!

Bisch
              I have found this to be true. I love my Bob Lee recurves, but the longbow collection is growing. I need to stop trying friends’ Primal Techs, Toelkes, Wagstaffs and Fox Triple Crowns...

Comment

get a set of longbow limbs for your bob lee

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Hey, I heard that!!!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  I went the other direction! I'd like a good longbow for 3D, but it's really hard to put down my current black widow to shoot anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
                    get a set of longbow limbs for your bob lee
                    I've considered that, and it sure might be the way to go. Seems like it's be just like shooting the recurve. Same grip, same cut-past center, etc.

Comment

About once a month is enough longbow for me.

Comment

Hey Steve, Heard great things about Bodnik, but I’ve never shot any of those. I’m having a Sarrels Blueridge built. Hopefully be done this month. I got the same plans as you. I hope they’re not as addictive as recurves…..

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                          I have found this to be true. I love my Bob Lee recurves, but the longbow collection is growing. I need to stop trying friends’ Primal Techs, Toelkes, Wagstaffs and Fox Triple Crowns...
                          These guys are spot on. Longbows are the shizz! I’ve been shooting a BW PLX for the last year, it’s a great bow.

Comment

I purchased a quick stick two weeks ago and love it, light, fast and accurate. Prefer it over my expensive bows.

Comment

Working...
                            X