Stanton’s processing in Alvin- not impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stanton’s processing in Alvin- not impressed

Just got my deer back. Tasted several of their links to pick a mix. I asked them to grind it a little coarser than their commercial links.
    1. Skin is so tough it’s hard to bite into
    2. The fat does not look like it was mixed very well
    3. And I’ve found two big pieces of tendon in the first half link of trying it.
    Anyone else have issues using them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had an issue with them, they’ve been pretty much spot on when I used them in fact.

I did switch to Lone Star in Manvel the past couple of years though, as Stanton’s prices seems a bit high. Lone Star has been decent but myself and a few others have found some stuff where their vacuum sealer didn’t seal the packs off right.

I’ll be buying what I need to process animals myself soon. Just not going to chance it anymore with how much I spend on prep and feed.

Comment

Thanks I can do most when I have time but can’t smoke links

Comment

I think I would take some back to them and see if they would feed it to their family.

Comment

I quit using them long time ago, now I take mine to C&R in Danbury.

Comment

Never had any issues , We've been using them
            For Years. Heck we even leased
            The Stanton Ranch In Johnson City for Several years .. Good
            People, I would tell them about your concerns.
            They Try to Maintain a Good Reputation..

Comment

Originally posted by BigOh! View Post
              Never had any issues , We've been using them
              For Years. Heck we even leased
              The Stanton Ranch In Johnson City for Several years .. Good
              People, I would tell them about your concerns.
              They Try to Maintain a Good Reputation..

Thanks will do

Comment

The Stanton family has always been pillars of the community in Alvin and take pride in their name and products. I can’t speak for the product that you received but it has been my experience that anytime you ask a service provider to create a product a little differently than what they are used to you are taking them out of their comfort zone and the product can be substandard. Find the sausage that you like and let them do what they do best. Myself I wouldn’t want a coarse grind on venison unless the meat was very clean of all silver skin and occasional tendon. Sorry for your bad experience sir.

Comment

I would rethink that coarser grind from them next time. That doesn’t look good. Please update us if you take it back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    The Stanton family has always been pillars of the community in Alvin and take pride in their name and products. I can’t speak for the product that you received but it has been my experience that anytime you ask a service provider to create a product a little differently than what they are used to you are taking them out of their comfort zone and the product can be substandard. Find the sausage that you like and let them do what they do best. Myself I wouldn’t want a coarse grind on venison unless the meat was very clean of all silver skin and occasional tendon. Sorry for your bad experience sir.
                    Bingo, growing up in Alvin, what was stated above is spot on.

You got what you asked for, a course grind, learn from it and move on.

Comment

I’d go to Greeks or Doreck's both do great work. I’ve heard mixed reviews on Stantons.

Comment

The course grind is part of the problem

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                          I’d go to Greeks or Doreck's both do great work. I’ve heard mixed reviews on Stantons.

Hard pass on both of those!

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                            I quit using them long time ago, now I take mine to C&R in Danbury.
                            I've used both and both of them have always turned out great

Comment

Stanton's been good for me when I use them for slim jims.

Comment

Working...
                              X