Tbot arrow rest re-clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
    Deb, it sounds as if you can build up the rest (as in add layers) and can build up the strike plate if needed but can't use a flipper or other rests of that type..

Which won't affect me at all, but it will hit a bunch of folks in the gut...
    Won't affect me, either, I shoot off the shelf. But still...

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Won't affect me, either, I shoot off the shelf. But still...
      Me too and I have no plans to change that unless it is to go to a selfbow and shoot of my knuckle..

Comment

It would all be a non-issue if the rule was just posted when it was voted on. I don't mind shooting off the shelf at all, this year was my first year to attempt an elevated rest. These are target shooting contest and I setup a target shooting bow to compete in them. I understand some shooters use the same bows for hunting as they do for targets and this rule clearly favors those shooters. It will take an hour or so but I can have my bow shooting off the shelf . I am just sorry that it has blown up like this, and this close to biggest and best shoot that I have been to for TRADITIONAL shooters.

Comment

I cannot even find this rule on the TBoT website.Maybe some signs or announcements at TBoT shoots last year could have cleared this up for this year.If I was not reading this right now(as Im sure some others are not)and showed up to the shoot with the setup I have been practicing with all year and been DQ'ed after all the time and expense of getting there we would have issues.I have no problem shooting off the shelf if I know ahead of time.If I decide to pull my rest(along with 5 more in my group) and do the shoot it would be BAD if we got there and others were shooting off the rests we had to pull off!Is it Off the Shelf and Only Off THE Shelf or Not?TBoT guidelines say no moving parts. The stick on rest I use has no moving parts.I need a # to call to be sure this is not going to change again before the shoot!
          Last edited by ShaBow; 03-18-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
            Rules are rules and need to be consistent
            I don't disagree at all John.

TBoT requires a minimum of three shooters in every group [since there was a huge controversy a couple of years ago at Vanderpool when a guy shot only with his wife (who didn't even shoot) and shot what appeared to everyone a practically impossible score]. Since we’re pinning down rules, if there are two actual shooters and the third party is a wife/girlfriend (who doesn't shoot) tagging along, would that be compliant with the three shooter minimum?

And doesn't Cowtown have this same three shooter minimum requirement as well?

Comment

TBOT site /Officers page has all contact info.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                And doesn't Cowtown have this same three shooter minimum requirement as well?
                I believe our rule reads 3 in a group and the double scoring also helps . We have also sent a range official with some shooters because their was no one to shoot with them. This usually occurs very early or late to accomodate someones work or church schedule. Occasionally workers will shoot together early so they will be available later in the day when the most shooters are present.

I have let non-competitive shooters go off in a twosome on several occasions though.

What gets me is when someone shoots a round and then based on the score writes a class on the card afterwards. Or when they shoot additional arrows at a target so they can make a better shot on it the next round.
                Last edited by huntinpool; 03-18-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hodat1957 View Post
                  The Tbot EC voted on this 2 years ago(This meeting I did not attend) and said that no elevated or mechanical rest would be legal for competition.

Thanks,
                  Bud Murphy
                  Tbot President
                  That rules out a stick-on rest. You know, the kind that have been in use for 50+ years.

It is a TBOT rule, they make the rules for their shoots. It doesn't effect me, I shoot off the shelf when I shoot, but it is, imo, a silly rule.

Trying to define "traditional" today by ruling out things in use back when "traditional" was all there was.

Just leave off the wheels and run what ya brung.

As someone else mentioned, the best shooters are going to shoot the best, regardless of what rules apply.

If someone thinks they are getting beat because the competition is using an elevated/mechanical rest, I'll break the news to them.

It ain't the equipment beating them.

Comment

Are the rules written down anywhere? If so, where?

Comment

I am nowell I'll be shooting meunster just for fun. I'm not changing my competitive setup for one organization at this time for another and having to resituate everything. Too bad too..i wanted to give the okies a legit thrashing :P

This is why I ordered a longbow...

I am not a tbot member and I don't believe my opinion counts for much however I planned on joining at meunster. I understand that it's tbot's choice what equipment is allowed and what isn't and I know someone said it before..it's not the elevated rest that's going to deliver the shot..it's the person pulling the string. I believe the flipper rest or elevated rest idea only hinders attendance and potential new members. Just saying.

Comment

Keep in mind that TBOT (as are most of our archery organizations) is a non-profit volunteer organization and as such is not going to be perfect. The folks who run this organization donate their time and resources for our benefit. Many sacrifice vacation time that would otherwise be spent in the woods hunting to assist with the operations of the organization. The last several TBOT ballots I received had multiple vacancies, very few contested positions and most of the positions were being filled by the same individuals who donate their time year end and year out.

While I disagree with some of the aspects of the operation of the organization, I personally do not have the time, resources or desire to fulfill any of the thankless positions. As such I find it difficult to criticize their decisions even if I am in opposition of them.

If anyone is worried about the miscommunication of rules, I am sure the EC would welcome your assistance in ensuring that each member has a clear understanding moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by hodat1957 View Post
                          As I posted in the past this has been a non-issue, but because of a dispute at a Tbot shoot last weekend between two parties this has become a BUCKET FULL. The Tbot EC said that the rules would be inforced at Hill Country. As for the monies sent in please call me. My number is on the Tbot web site. SORRY FOR THIS MESS.
                          Fill out your profile so everyone will know who they are calling off of the TBOT list..

Comment

Wow just joined TBOT cuz i like the people. I am fairly new to shooting a bow and not much competion yet but hopefully that will change. The improvement in my scores will have much more to do with me than the bow in my hands. I agree with Tom D bring what ya got but leave the wheels and sights behind and beat me if you can.
                            I also shoot in another league that allows any type of traditional setup including elevated rest and such. I see the good shooters in that league win and compete with old fashion wood bow and with modern equipment. It isnt the bow!!! Heck in the last shoot my wife and I went to my wife beat all but one man using a cheap wood bow with wood arrows. It is the man or woman behind the bow that matters. Not the bow

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                              Fill out your profile so everyone will know who they are calling off of the TBOT list..
                              Bud Murphy
                              Tbot President

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                                Keep in mind that TBOT (as are most of our archery organizations) is a non-profit volunteer organization and as such is not going to be perfect. The folks who run this organization donate their time and resources for our benefit. Many sacrifice vacation time that would otherwise be spent in the woods hunting to assist with the operations of the organization. The last several TBOT ballots I received had multiple vacancies, very few contested positions and most of the positions were being filled by the same individuals who donate their time year end and year out.

While I disagree with some of the aspects of the operation of the organization, I personally do not have the time, resources or desire to fulfill any of the thankless positions. As such I find it difficult to criticize their decisions even if I am in opposition of them.

If anyone is worried about the miscommunication of rules, I am sure the EC would welcome your assistance in ensuring that each member has a clear understanding moving forward.
                                I think everyone appreciates the volunteers but having a COMPLETE SET of written rules which can be enforced consistantly at each shoot is not alot to ask out of an organization taking my $ every year!

Comment

Working...
                                X