No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunted Thursday through Saturday and saw 2 deer. Loggers have been working almost nonstop on several sections of the lease and have the deer pretty skittish.

It was a great season even with all the logging activity and hot weather. Even though I didn't kill any target bucks, I passed up more mature bucks in bow range than any season before and made some good memories.

Time to kill some hogs and coyotes!

Comment

I got the oreo pig I was gunning for

Click image for larger version

Name:	6BA3615B-943F-44BB-B02E-676330C90772.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	24674131

Comment

Looks like he's had a dog holding onto his ears before. Good kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          Looks like he's had a dog holding onto his ears before. Good kill.
          Yeah I was surprised he wasn’t barred

Comment

This dumpster fire can’t end soon enough

We seen 1 spike this morning. Smallest horns buck I’ve ever seen 1 side looked like a gumdrop and the other a master lock key…

Skunked this evening. No less than a pallet of corn here since September. Hogs that I’ve never seen in person and neighbors have ruined this place. I’m scratching my head
            Kaboom went missing 2 weeks into bow season and he has lived on the place 365 for past 3 years
            Main event was on camera 4-7 days a week until Christmas night, and is now missing

Got a new neighbor that got permission about thanksgiving. He’s a complete idiot and works nights so he has all day to “hunt”… Lord only knows how many piles of corn he has and where

I averaged more deer sightings PER DAY on every public land I hunted than I seen all season on all my private property that’s fed year round.

Depressing
            Last edited by Low Fence; 01-14-2022, 07:56 PM.

Comment

New card reader came in today . Old one cord finally gave up

Card I pulled the other day had Main event alive and putting weight back on. He’s broken 1/2 of his left brow off. IF he walked in front of her tomorrow I’d tell her send it! 900+ pics that week all but about 10 are nighttime… and those day light were a family of doe and a new family of pigs with tiny babies… which is great. Cause I just love pigs. So cute

Comment

Deer are so hungry the 40+ wind don't bother them. Had 7 deer on the feed before 7am. Hunted till 706

250 grains is like shooting a truck. Bang flop

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is no deer left in East Texas. I shot the last one on Thanksgiving morning 2020. Just got back from Taxi this week.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    There is no deer left in East Texas. I shot the last one on Thanksgiving morning 2020. Just got back from Taxi this week.

And he looks right at home there on the wall. Nice.

Comment

Lola & I are in a 2 man ladder for the final deer sit of the season. Main event is the target but if “Stinky” or the big 6 show and she likes em, green light

And if pigs show, whoever grabs gun first get to mag dump on them

Comment

Just a little bit left for the season. Hate to see it go but I'm ready to fish. Not a single buck taken on our place this year and the deer worth killing are still alive as of the 14th.

Threw some rye grass yesterday, put out 15 bags of corn, 150 lbs of protein and 100 of cotton seed (that I scored for 8 bucks a bag) today. Might come back and hunt pigs next weekend depending on the weather. Finally feeling like deer season on the last day

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Just a little bit left for the season. Hate to see it go but I'm ready to fish. Not a single buck taken on our place this year and the deer worth killing are still alive as of the 14th.

Threw some rye grass yesterday, put out 15 bags of corn, 150 lbs of protein and 100 of cotton seed (that I scored for 8 bucks a bag) today. Might come back and hunt pigs next weekend depending on the weather. Finally feeling like deer season on the last day

Sounds like you’ll have plenty to look forward to next year.

Comment

Lola “Deleted” a pig (her words) this evening and I solved the mystery of the $&@*hole season… (already knew)

Her pig ran 60-75 yards north and died 30 yards from fence….. where neighbor hung a pipe feeder on fence and had a ghetto blind built with pallets up the fence to the west. He only has a 80-100 acres over there… so might as well I bet he could see my feed pen from his blind. He won’t next year…. In fact I bet he don’t see anything next year

Comment

Glad Lola finished strong. Of course pig season is still going, so get that girl some more bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                Very nice! I don't hunt very far from you we have that same brow genetic

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X