No announcement yet.

Urgent Care Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d just have her tested for Flu and strep. Tamaflu if flu- Probably Amoxil or Z-pak if strep. If negative for both those just get on high immunity boosting vitamin regiment and if you choose some of the other treatment options for the China Flu. High immunity regiment should help with all of the above

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      They get paid for each Covid test, plus additional for every positive test. And they don’t have to treat you, just send you on your way. Its much more profitable for them, not to have you come in to be treated for anything.
      Hopefully, the young lady, will be fine.
      But, there is an agenda..
      Follow the money. Follow the Ben's.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        My mom was sick over Christmas, all test came back negative for covid, went to urgent care and they wouldn't test her for the flu, or anything else.

If you don't have covid, you can go home, that's it.

Her PP finally diagnosed her with Bronchitis the beginning of this week.

F'ing clown world [emoji1751]*[emoji3603].
        From what I've read omicron is bronchitis

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
          Taking my daughter to local urgent care this morning as she has had headache, sore throat & fever past 2-3 days
          I pull up as you have to call from parking lot. The lady answers and ask the typical personal info & address and insurance verification. Then she turns around and flat out asks if we just need a Covid test.
          I’m like well she’s experienced these symptoms past 2-3 days so I figure I’d bring her in for y’all to evaluate & test if it’s flu, strep, Covid ???
          So is it automatic to assume you want a Covid test or it’s a higher probability you have Covid over anything else?
          I didn’t realize I was supposed to rule out all the other possibilities of strep, flu & come here just for Covid testing
          Geez

What urgent care did y’all go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One in Jacksonville
            For the record she was +
            She feels fine other than a fever off & on
            Throat not as sore. Basically told us nothing. I had to ask what’s recommended protocol & just said rest & if you have trouble breathing go to the ER.
            Thanks for asking about her
            Sorry to start a ruckus just thought it was an interesting experience

Comment

OP I’m sorry you had this experience. Personal patient care has been on a rapid decline for a while now, the Wu-Flu has put it on warp speed.

Years ago I rushed my son to emergency room because of high temp and had a seizure. Long story short nurses were spit balling and finally the Dr walked in and asked a few questions. He then started with the basics of checking ears, nose and throat and in about 38 seconds identified hand, foot and mouth virus due to the blisters in the back of his little throat. The Dr spun around to the nurses and proceeded to chew them out telling them to do their jobs and not take short cuts. Told them to follow their training and apologize to us for the debacle. He was a good example of personal patient care.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                One in Jacksonville
                For the record she was +
                She feels fine other than a fever off & on
                Throat not as sore. Basically told us nothing. I had to ask what’s recommended protocol & just said rest & if you have trouble breathing go to the ER.
                Thanks for asking about her
                Sorry to start a ruckus just thought it was an interesting experience
                Our medical community is an absolute embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                  Our medical community is an absolute embarrassment.
                  An embarrassment? Talk about painting with a broad brush. These nurses, doctors and medical staff have been run ragged the past 2 years , and are hindered by bureaucratic red tape. I have family in the medical field, especially front line workers, like RN's, who are subjected to short staffing with an ever increasing work load. Sounds like you have zero clue what you are talking about. Here's are being filled with real patients, who need emergency care, and other patients who are using the ER for their own family medecine doctor for stuff like headaches and diarrhea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                    This comment right here, is just plain dumb. I tested positive here at the house, wife is a nurse, on Monday. Had no direct contact with anyone that I know of who has also tested positive. No idea where I caught it.
                    Does you wife work from home? If not, being a nurse and all maybe there's an idea where you caught it from.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                      An embarrassment? Talk about painting with a broad brush. These nurses, doctors and medical staff have been run ragged the past 2 years , and are hindered by bureaucratic red tape. I have family in the medical field, especially front line workers, like RN's, who are subjected to short staffing with an ever increasing work load. Sounds like you have zero clue what you are talking about. Here's are being filled with real patients, who need emergency care, and other patients who are using the ER for their own family medecine doctor for stuff like headaches and diarrhea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                      Too many in our medical community are an absolute embarrassment. Happy? My experiences that lead me to my statement go WELL beyond covid.

Comment

To the OP. If that's your daughter in your avatar, she's sure a cutie. I pray she gets over her bout with Covid soon.

Comment

Originally posted by texizona View Post
                          To the OP. If that's your daughter in your avatar, she's sure a cutie. I pray she gets over her bout with Covid soon.
                          Thanks. That’s actually my son when he was a little tike. I decked him out as a mini me bow hunter. He’s now a Jr in HS

Comment

I went to Urgent Care in Kerrville last week with all the symptoms of Covid. Despite being extremely busy I received excellent care in a relatively short time. Everyone there was polite, friendly and professional. Covid test negative. Treated for bronchitis with a steroid shot, antibiotics and cough medicine. Same experience last year. I can’t imagine working in the healthcare field in today’s world anymore than I’d care to return to law enforcement where I’d be detailed to the border. God bless them all!

Comment

Working...
                            X