Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    They are there.

I see mounts, & cam game pics of them all that time.

Thats a big nasty bottom though with a ton of places for deer to hole up.

IMO a only a very small percentage of it actually ever gets hunted.
    I would agree with that. Takes a lot of walking to get to some areas.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

There’s a looonnnggg list as to why it’s so unproductive. Agreed most isn’t hunted…. Except by the high school duck hunters. They will walk 6 miles to cook a piece of toast and shoot a merganser! Lol

Here’s a head scratcher…. With a gun they get 2… 2…. More than 1….2 deer… and can be 2 doe! On a property that has 9 deer on it. Lol
      At Richland I got 1… just 1 tag and seen 72 deer in 3 days…

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        There’s a looonnnggg list as to why it’s so unproductive. Agreed most isn’t hunted…. Except by the high school duck hunters. They will walk 6 miles to cook a piece of toast and shoot a merganser! Lol

Here’s a head scratcher…. With a gun they get 2… 2…. More than 1….2 deer… and can be 2 doe! On a property that has 9 deer on it. Lol
        At Richland I got 1… just 1 tag and seen 72 deer in 3 days…
        Ah to be young and full of energy. Life hasn't worn them down to a nub yet.

Comment

Last I counted I think there were 18 boat houses in the length of WMA. Plus the way it’s shaped it’s not too far fetched that private land access is as high or higher than walking the death march

They really need to do something about the boat house issue. I know several “occupants” and they aren’t doing Bible study’s out there…

Comment

Last I counted I think there were 18 boat houses in the length of WMA. Plus the way it’s shaped it’s not too far fetched that private land access is as high or higher than walking the death march

They really need to do something about the boat house issue. I know several “occupants” and they aren’t doing Bible study’s out there…
            On the main river or the old channel? I never saw one but I only hunted both sides of 1804. Interesting.

Comment

Main river. Some pull them in and out through the year but some have been there for years. Lots get burned down. Never seen one west of 1804

Comment

Originally posted by low fence View Post
                they aren’t doing bible study’s out there…
                :d:d:d:d:d:d

Comment

Said he bumped a doe right before setting up. Nothing else seen

Heard 2 mag dumps. Lol hogs I’m sure

Comment

Last I heard from him this afternoon, no animals seen and no shots heard

Comment

Everyone says there are no deer there.There are way more deer there than people give credit for. Most are extremely hard to get to but they are there. People complain about access like if they had easier access it would help them kill Deer! I totally disagree
                      Here is the count for last year. That’s assuming everyone checked in their deer.
                      I’m curious to see what the tally is this year with the lack of acorns.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And if you trust their survey they say the average is 1 deer per 13 acres. So by math they should have approximately 440.58 deer on the property. Do I believe their numbers are completely accurate or they stay on the property at all times. absolutely not, but they are there in good numbers when the food is there!

Comment

There are deer there… I see them almost every time I go….. but per acre of habitat….. sshhhhhoooottttt it’s laughable compared to others. And a lot of that is out of their control, so I have no complaint there

Per acre numbers…. Ahhhh… no. Not even close… at all.

It’s a great place… and a tough hunt. Access to me is a major factor as well as private lands ease of access

Comment

He requested a new compartment and is now in one I’ve never bothered with. Might be awesome… never focused on it

Already seen a critter…. Just not the species hoped for
                              Attached Files

Comment

He requested a new compartment and is now in one I’ve never bothered with. Might be awesome… never focused on it

Already seen a critter…. Just not the species hoped for
                                What compartment is he in?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X