Clear All

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
    Looks pretty doggone sweet to me
    Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
    Sounds like a fair deal to me.
    Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
    Yeah, fair swap IMO.
    Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
    Just make sure you get a compression check on motor at a boat mechanics place.

Other than that seems like a good deal.

My buddy traded a 25th anniversary Harley for a whole home generator installed with pad poured. He was not happy but wife was thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Im not a merc fan at all but, that particular merc is somewhat saught after. At least what I can tell from the cowling decals.

My dad re powered his hydra sports glitter boat with a 150 like that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by toledo View Post
    Those mercs are good motors. Still a lot of them running around on bay boats.
    Originally posted by Walker View Post
    With a solid transom and a solid motor that's a good trade.
    Thanks

Comment

I’d have that transom looked at. And the trailer. Besides the obvious, motor and floor.

Comment

Make sure to save money for a wrap though. I'd have to cover all that ugly

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Make sure to save money for a wrap though. I'd have to cover all that ugly

Lol. Yah not a fan of the paint but I'm more worried about everything working as it should. I don't think the fish will care if she's pretty or not

Comment

I thought I had a motor issue a while back. Went to oreileys and did compression check in their parking lot. That’d be only thing I’d worry about and the transom. Both pretty simple to check yourself. Anything else, I’d expect it to have issues since it’s got age and is a boat lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have been in the market for a new to me bass boat and prices are ridiculous! I think your good with the trade. I am seeing early 90’s boats going for 15k. That boat is clean for its age. I’ve been looking for a boat in the two thousand teens and they are pricing them a few thousand under what they were new. All depends on how it runs and like said above, a compression test.

Comment

I would definitely have him meet you at the lake and run it across the water with you in it before you make a deal. Make sure the transom is solid and that the motor runs solid before following through with it.

If all checks out I'd say that's a pretty great trade in your favor.

Comment

Grab the lower unit while it is on the trailer and lift up. Watch where it bolts on to the transom for flex.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                    Grab the lower unit while it is on the trailer and lift up. Watch where it bolts on to the transom for flex.
                    Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I’ll add one thing others are saying about the transom. More than likely it will have some flex at that age. I personally wouldn’t let a little flex scare me away.Now if there is a LOT of flex, that would definitely be a concern. In a perfect world you could have it in the water for a couple hours and see how much water bilges out.That is what I’ve been told is the biggest indicator of transom problems. Not positive how valid that is but it is what several mechanics told me about a boat I just sold that had some flex in its transom.

Comment

If it flexes its a no buy. That motor puts a lot of stress on it. Tap the transom lightly with a hammer all over listening for hollow sound. You see that aluminum strip across the top of the transom? I'd bet a months pay there is an open seam under it. That, and the mounting bolts are where water gets in the transom.

Comment

Transom jump on that motor and if it flex just a. Hair pass on it! 400 hours on the motor is quit a bit if it hasn’t been re built

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely use it.

Comment

I need glasses. I read onions on a boat. In my defense I just left the recipe page.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                I need glasses. I read onions on a boat. In my defense I just left the recipe page.

Comment

Working...
                                X