No announcement yet.

Anyone have a hip replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m due. If I have it done will I be able to still elk hunt, hike, climb etc. ?? I want it done just not sure if the limitations. I’m 61. Still elk hunt etc with my oldest kids. Id rather suck it up thru the pain than give that up just yet

Comment

My wife is scheduled to get hers replaced in 3 weeks. The dr told her as long as she is not running and jumping on it everyday then it will last 30 years.

Comment

I have had both my hips replaced in the last 18 months. I can't stress enough to look into a "dual mobility" hip replacement! This type has a much decreased chance of dislocation and both of my replacements are this type.
        Go slow, rehab and doing your home exercises will get you back in the hunting stand of choice!

Comment

Had my hip replaced Dec 2018. I am very thick and muscular and after surgery it felt like I have been run over by a train. The first thing my home rehab had me do was lay on the bed and lift my foot off the bed. I could not do it for a few days. Slowly got better and used Walker for a few weeks and a cane for a few weeks and was playing racquetball again in March. I highly recommend the surgery.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had mine replaced at 45. My doctor explained it like this when I asked him about being young and how long will it last, "do you want to enjoy life now? Why wait till your old to get it done and feel good."

Comment

Had both my Knees replaced 10w apart in 2018..My Doc Brian Parsley specializes in Only Knees and Hips..It was a cake walk..Best thing ever did for myself...after 15y of hobbling around...

The people I was around in hospital that had hips done were happy too..But I was only in Hosp about 24h with each surg...But had therapy 2or 3 times a week with folks with knee or hip jobs..Yea there a few ruff sessions but they ease up soon...

If i had to do it all over again ..Heck yea in a Minute...

Comment

Had it done in 2018. My hip was bone on bone for so long that new bone had grown completely around the head of the femur. I had a lot of forward and backward movement, but had no abduction capability. The ortho said they were physically picking me up off the table just trying to get my leg into the contraption they use to hold my leg still. Full recovery took longer than expected for me.

Comment

I appreciate the input guys. I’m gonna try to get it done over the summer. That’s the only time of the year I don’t really care to be outside!

Comment

Had my right hip done 2 years ago. I suggest the Anterior Procedure. They cut front the front of hip. This cuts through fewer muscle tissue and from what I researched was a quicker recovery. Back at work 4 weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had mine done at 39. Had it for 15 years now. Never regretted it. I can do anything I want to now. I ride bikes and do the treadmill for exercise. Dr told me jogging/running was probably not a good idea. I hate running so that was no big deal.

Pick a DR that does hips not one that is a Jack of all trades. All my Dr. did was hips. I was back to work fighting fires 3 months later.

Get it done and stop living in pain.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                        A friend of mine had both hips replaced around your age maybe 7-8 years ago. He's on the golf course several days a week and is a single digit handicap.
                        I wonder if they can replace mine as an elective surgery if it will give me a single digit handicap...

Comment

What made everyone decide to finally go, pain or mobility? I'm only 38, some days are getting pretty bad pain wise, still work and do what I need to do, but I've had to quit running cause they'll kill me, used to run 5-8 miles 2-3 x's a week

Comment

Good friend of mine did both of his. He said had he known how great life would be pain free. He would have done them 10 yrs earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                              What made everyone decide to finally go, pain or mobility? I'm only 38, some days are getting pretty bad pain wise, still work and do what I need to do, but I've had to quit running cause they'll kill me, used to run 5-8 miles 2-3 x's a week
                              I didn’t run but I am at work doing what I need to do too. The worst is putting my freaking sock and shoe on. Really stiff in the morning and after the drive to work and from. It gets loosened up and I can work. Of course with pain.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                                Have you went to see a Orthopedic yet. Go get a consult. Hips are a easy fix usually.

The quicker you get seen and diagnosed the faster you get relief. I've had issues with Lspine and hips. I was ready to get surgery for both it hurt so bad.

As far as hips go, the surgery is one of the fastest recover time and usually go well.

Comment

Working...
                                X