Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's fine Matt. It's all about having her, shooting her, and being part of the journey. Hunting and/or killing is not a requirement at all.

Comment

Brent, do you have her?

Comment

It's exciting to see the new list started!
        What are the specs on Sacagawea? Weight at 28" and length? I searched but could not find it.

Comment

Brent was going to be out of town till the 30ish? I just checked UPS tracking and it shows delivery today.

Comment

Yes Chunky, you are right it is about being part of the journey. Since I wasn't able to work in any hunts with Saca I think what I got out of having her was tightening my friendships and bond with TBH. I had been wanting to meet Bob and Zack for a while and just never made myself. So, Saca had just finished being cleaned and touched up and was at Bob's shop so I went down and picked her up. I had built a recurve this summer and going to Bob's was like a trip to "Disney World" for me! I didn't feel worth of standing in Bob's shop and I think that might have been part of the reason I hadn't gone before this. But, getting Saca gave me a reason and I'm glad it did! Bob and Zack welcomed me like I had been there dozens of times. So, Saca was involved with TBHers meeting each other and enforcing the fact that there are many many great folks here on TBH!!

Comment

I should have her tonight then, UPS runs late at my house for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                Yes Chunky, you are right it is about being part of the journey. Since I wasn't able to work in any hunts with Saca I think what I got out of having her was tightening my friendships and bond with TBH. I had been wanting to meet Bob and Zack for a while and just never made myself. So, Saca had just finished being cleaned and touched up and was at Bob's shop so I went down and picked her up. I had built a recurve this summer and going to Bob's was like a trip to "Disney World" for me! I didn't feel worth of standing in Bob's shop and I think that might have been part of the reason I hadn't gone before this. But, getting Saca gave me a reason and I'm glad it did! Bob and Zack welcomed me like I had been there dozens of times. So, Saca was involved with TBHers meeting each other and enforcing the fact that there are many many great folks here on TBH!!
                Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
                  It's exciting to see the new list started!
                  What are the specs on Sacagawea? Weight at 28" and length? I searched but could not find it.
                  I don't remember the exact weight, all the stats are back on one of the early threads when we were just getting started.

I know it is light enough that almost anyone should be able to shoot it. I am going to say mid 40's...and it has a shelf on both sides so that both right and left handed shooters can use her.

Comment

Blueridge SR
                    60"
                    44lbs@28"
                    Riser.. Phenolic, osage, bloodwood, anderoba
                    Limbs. Bocote with aboo core.
                    Found this on one of the old threads.

Comment

Heard a doorbell
                      Attached Files

Comment

What could this be
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think I know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
                            What could this be
                            Heck yea, it's been a while since we had a box on the porch post !

Comment

Didn't get a chance to shoot her much today. Me and the wife were able to sling a few arrows with her this afternoon, so both shelves are getting used. I will also have Sacagawea with me at Brushy Hills Ranch Jan 10-12. Pics to be posted tomorrow

Comment

Excellent. Don't forget a bio. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X