Renting a camper/RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting a camper/RV

Has anyone done it? Thinking of making a trip to Houston with my wife and three boys to visit the space center and would like to use a site sponsor, Jetstream RV during our time there. We went when I was a kid and it's a memory I'll never forget. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

We used Rvshare.com. Worked out well for us.
    Last edited by TexaswBOWhunter; 05-04-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

outdoorsy.com is another one.

I have looked into it but never pulled the trigger (and have since bought a trailer). I think if I was going to rent one, I might do it close to the destination so I didn't have to pull it as far. Downside of doing that is that you wouldn't be able to park it in your driveway and load up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
        outdoorsy.com is another one.

I have looked into it but never pulled the trigger (and have since bought a trailer). I think if I was going to rent one, I might do it close to the destination so I didn't have to pull it as far. Downside of doing that is that you wouldn't be able to park it in your driveway and load up.
        We chose to get one close to home for that reason, so we could load it up before hitting the road. The downfall to that is we had to get it a day early and took it back a day later, so essentially it cost us an extra day (manipulated the pick up/drop off times to not pay for two days).

Comment

RVAmerica is one I see a lot up here in the summer.

Comment

I rented one a few years ago in Austin from American Dream Vacations. They had a good selection of RV's. I think the price was ~$100 a day for the one I got. Like TexasBowhunter said your pickup/drop off time can cost you a day or more.

Comment

My friends have one they rent here near Houston. Ray's Rehab is the name of it, they will even deliver it to the campsite you choose and set it all up for you. Space center is still really cool!

Comment

Good question UncleBubba, and sorry, no info. I have been thinking about doing this on a trip as well. Thanks to all who posted info.

Comment

We rented one in San Angelo and pulled it to Big Bend. RV share I believe. We had a blast and stayed in a nearly new camper. We dropped it off on the way home and felt like we had hacked the system by not having to buy the thing. We will probably do it again someday.

Comment

Wife and I rented 1 from Houston for one week. Pulled all the way up to Colorado, with my wife and 2 kids. It was awesome. Probably the funnest vacation of my life.

Comment

I've used Outdoorsy and it worked great.

Comment

We rented one back in October for a hunting trip and it was nothing but pleasant. We used outdoorsy.com

Comment

Working...
                        X