Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the fact that this bow is still going around after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Foster View Post
      I love the fact that this bow is still going around after all these years.
      Yep the first time around Buff hadn't long started Big Oak so I took her there only to miss a hog and a black buck doe. I wish he still had the place but I have a spike on camera that might get to meet Sacagawea.

Comment

Best of luck, Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J_Foster View Post
          Best of luck, Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thank you

Comment

I was hoping to see it before hunting season ends, but that looks very doubtful. I can’t wait to target shoot this bow. I’d love to actually take an animal with it.

Comment

I sure enjoyed my time with her. She's in the mail and off on her next adventure.

Comment

SACAGAWEA came in the mail last night. I work this weekend so not much time to shoot it, but sometime soon I'll write a good run on sentence of my updated bio.

Comment

It's a good time to have her.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t wait to hear from you ElfEyes!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ok I've got to shoot Sac some, the spike is definitely safe from me hunting with her. When SACAGAWEA was built I was engaged with no kids and a huge back yard. I guess it was built 2011. I married my wife the very next year in 12 and she's been busy finding ways to keep me busy with honey do's and out of the woods ever since. During the building of sac I was pretty involved with traditional archery shooting either my bear or sage everyday I could. As well as building a board bow from an website I found online from our very own Sam Harper who happened to join TBH a few years later. My wife only has one ovary and was told getting pregnant most likely was going to be difficult. I figured we were young it would be years before we would probably have kids and I had a real good job now so my hunting world was about to be wide open. Well they were WRONG. In 2013 we had our son and quickly followed it up with our daughter in 2014. As our family grew we needed more room for kids to crawl around and run through the house. We bought a bigger house that had way more room inside but the yard leaves a lot to be desired. This halted just about all my bow shooting which I did mostly in the living room and garage while the family was no home. I'm sure my wife wouldn't have liked that but luckily I never had an errant arrow that I would have to explain. So basically I was back entirely on my compound and off of my trad bow. I still loved following this side of the forum because Buff and Bisch were my hero's because I never was that good of a bowhunter and was amazed at what they accomplished with stick and string. As time has passed my bow hunting has dwindled down with 2 kids and a wife in nursing school. She did great and graduated last year so hopefully my bows start getting more use. I still dream about killing a deer on public land with a bow I built myself. (I broke my board bow a few years back bow fishing) so for now I'm still trying to relearn the stick and string, and I have a maple board in the attic from a few years back just waiting to be built. Hopefully with it being prime time hunting season Sacagewea will get some blood on her but unfortunately it won't be from me. I'm not going to lie though if Buff stick had big oak I would've brought her there just like I did the first go around just to reminisce.

Comment

Here's my sidekick. He's been with me while I've shot a deer the last 4 years. Only bad thing is he will talk me into shooting anyone that's legal and comes in.....I would post more photos but if you don't use tapatalk it's almost impossible for me to post pictures.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ElfEyes; 11-04-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Awesome write up!!! Congrats on those kiddos. Do everything you can with them every chance you get. Before you know it, they will be all grown up and out on their own.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the compliment! I’m no hero! I’m just a guy who really loves to hunt with a stickbow!!! Marty, on the other hand, could be any trad guys hero!!!!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 11-04-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            Marty, on the other hand, could be any trad guys hero!!!!

Bisch

That's no lie

Comment

sweetinlow660 PM sent

Comment

Great writeup Ronnie. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X