New Caney Opoly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    So you remember Lidia Farris ball park there where home depot sits now lol. Used to ride my bike up there. and the walmart was where tractor supply is now. Good ol' times
    Dude I started playing at Lydia Ferris in 1978....The T-ball Twins. Played in a uniform shirt and bluejeans. Played there until the new ballpark opened at the Fair Grounds and they consolidated Lydia Ferris and Oakley Parks. My grandparents moved to Porter around 1950. My kids went to the same HS as their parents....and grandparents.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Sassies had crunchy tacos too. Way ahead of their time. Minimax grocery.
      Yep was Ore's grocery long ago where players is now. What was the name of the hardware store on 494 beside where Pete's is now?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Yep, and Foster's Food Market. Corner of Ford Rd and 1314.

How about Porter Snowball? I ate them after school in when I was in Kindergarten and I ate one last week. 40+ years of the best snow cones known to man.
        The little stand then was actually where Walgreens is now

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Walmart in New Caney
          Originally posted by Hunterdan View Post
          Are these at the Walmart? Ill look for it.

This game may be too tough for you.

Comment

Yep was Ore's grocery long ago where players is now. What was the name of the hardware store on 494 beside where Pete's is now?
            Porter Hardware. Burned down and a local fireman was lost in the fire. Tragic.

Foster's Food Market was the one by where Player's is now, at least when I was a kid. 1983 Tornado took the back wall off the whole building. There was an Ore's somewhere, but before my time.

I miss the Dixie Cafe lunch buffet.

Comment

The little stand then was actually where Walgreens is now
              Where Walgreens is now was it's 2nd location. It's first location was the Parking lot where Player's is now....right across the road from Porter Elementary.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Porter Hardware. Burned down and a local fireman was lost in the fire. Tragic.

Foster's Food Market was the one by where Player's is now, at least when I was a kid. 1983 Tornado took the back wall off the whole building. There was an Ore's somewhere, but before my time.

I miss the Dixie Cafe lunch buffet.
                Yep it was fosters. Ore's was before my time too lol but I knew Mr Ore and my grandpa always talked about Ore's grocery. Not sure where it was.

Comment

My dad was a coonhunter (his CB handle was Porter Coonhunter). The fur buyer would come to the porter hardware parking lot a few times a year and my dad would sell his coon hides. Come home Rollin fat stax of cash.

Comment

Mike will remember, I grew up 2 houses down from the old Shines. I walked to Porter Elementary.

I know its closed, but this game should have Overalls grocery. If that wasn't a New Caney staple I dont know what is?

I remember going to Porter Hardware with my dad as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Mike will remember, I grew up 2 houses down from the old Shines. I walked to Porter Elementary.

I know its closed, but this game should have Overalls grocery. If that wasn't a New Caney staple I dont know what is?

I was thinking last night, and the only things I can think of still open when we were kids is Community hardware, and Porter snowball. Im still mad about Overalls shutting down. That was my first job lol.

Comment

I think i'll take the kids to Porter snoball today. Wouldnt surpise me if Community Hardware is the next to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

I was thinking last night, and the only things I can think of still open when we were kids is Community hardware, and Porter snowball. Im still mad about Overalls shutting down. That was my first job lol.

The only thing left of Overalls is the street sign on the corner. I'm glad it's still there, and I hope it doesn't get removed.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            The only thing left of Overalls is the street sign on the corner. I'm glad it's still there, and I hope it doesn't get removed.
                            Yeah they put that sign up after Floyd Overall passed away. I dont think they will take it down because the community helped raise funds for that sign after he passed. I sure hated to see them sell out. Nancy's health isn't very good anymore and all the big stores moving in just shut them down. Walmart played a big part in Overalls closing and Brookshire brothers also. Thats another one that has been around awhile.

Comment

That Brookshire needed to close, talk about a crap hole.

Comment

Do people go to jail on purpose in this game cause you get 3 squares a day there man!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X