No announcement yet.

When will the ammo shortage end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember how long it lasted in 2013 when we had the same issues? Nothing was on the shelves and you couldn't get PMAGs.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
      Anyone remember how long it lasted in 2013 when we had the same issues? Nothing was on the shelves and you couldn't get PMAGs.
      I was thinking about that also. But I don't remember that shortage including all calibers like this one does.

Comment

It will end when the new administration puts all kinds of taxes and regulations on it including background checks to purchase. It is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          It will end when the new administration puts all kinds of taxes and regulations on it including background checks to purchase. It is coming.
          You may be right, and what may help influence it is people not being able to buy it now thinking...."If that passes then it will be back on shelves and still cheaper than I'm paying now"

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
            Or 4 years before that when the first major shortage hit in 2009?

It typically takes a year or so to settle out but Covid has been the monkey wrench in all of this. Ammo shortage started long before the election

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
              It typically takes a year or so to settle out but Covid has been the monkey wrench in all of this. Ammo shortage started long before the election

Was Covid the wrench or the Floyd riots starting? I don't remember a drop-off early in the year until folks started getting scared during the riots.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Was Covid the wrench or the Floyd riots starting? I don't remember a drop-off early in the year until folks started getting scared during the riots.
                I think it was the rona coupled with the riots.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                  I think it was the rona coupled with the riots.

Maybe that’s just when I started paying attention myself [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally Posted by glen View Post
                    When the supply gets flooded to the point retailers cant sell the popular cal. Then they will produce other ammunition until that too is available and on the shelves. It will take a while. It really has nothing to do with the ammunition flippers. Shelves at Academy would still be empty right now. The people buying from the flippers would still be waiting at Academy. If someone wants to get up and stand in line at Academy for 2 hours and buy 3 boxes of ammunition and makes $100 they are not exactly making much money. Figure takes gas, time, effort and 3 plus hours to make $100. Cheaper than getting food delivered from Uber Eats if you do the math

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    I agree with this, but wish Academy and others would limit to 1 box till this is over. That would cut out a lot of the people going with the sole intent to resale the ammo. If they do it 7 days a week because they live close that is $3k/month flipping ammo
                    does academy get a shipment every day? i thought they were only getting maybe two a week.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      Like toilet paper, at some point people will outspend their ability to use it or their paycheck will not be able to sustain the spending rate. That said, 7 million new gun owners, a lot of savvy internet wheeling and dealing, and it’ll be a while before the appetite is satiated.
                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      This and a few other numbers have been floated and that does not include gun show sales and person/person sales. This was all over the last 4 years. Broke all the records from the previous administration.
                      Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      when the next Republican president gets elected.
                      The numbers aint working to show that is accurate. It has been hyper gun buying for 12 years with up and down ammo shortages.
                      Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      So, never

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      I doubt that will come to pass but understand the thoughts around it. Probably next election it will be someone who is actually a conservative and has a vision that includes all aspects of the economy. Leadership has been out of politics for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                        does academy get a shipment every day? i thought they were only getting maybe two a week.
                        The stores here get between 1-3 shipments a week. I doubt any store gets a shipment every single day

Comment

If you take the flippers, hoarders and panickers out of the equation, there’s ammo on the shelf next week.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                            Originally Posted by glen View Post
                            When the supply gets flooded to the point retailers cant sell the popular cal. Then they will produce other ammunition until that too is available and on the shelves. It will take a while. It really has nothing to do with the ammunition flippers. Shelves at Academy would still be empty right now. The people buying from the flippers would still be waiting at Academy. If someone wants to get up and stand in line at Academy for 2 hours and buy 3 boxes of ammunition and makes $100 they are not exactly making much money. Figure takes gas, time, effort and 3 plus hours to make $100. Cheaper than getting food delivered from Uber Eats if you do the math

IDK. Closest Academy to me is 70 miles away... I did ask the guy behind the counter and he said they get ammo every day, and it will be gone within an hour. But that was when this all started. But if you can know when to make the rounds and go to Academy, Cabelas, Walmart, Scheels......
                            Last edited by BrianL; 01-21-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

If the republicans retake the House in 2022 it will get better, assuming the dems don't succeed in passing any ammo bills. Otherwise, 2025 at the earliest.

Comment

4 years

Comment

Working...
                                X