Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #1051
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Lol you can spin it all you want.... youíre clearly infatuated with a team that has zero influence on yours... they all recruit against each other dip... Iíd be more worried about LSU/bama stealing your recruits than Texas, but carry on with your pissing match banter against a team you donít PLAY.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





The obsession brainwashed in at Fish Camp is too strong for this one........there is no helping him.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #1052
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Well, I'd also point out the Deandre Francois had a really nice Freshmen year at FSU, his sophmore year he got hurt game 1 and missed the season... Fisher left FSU after his sophmore year.... his junior year at FSU he sucked and has now transferred.

We all know if LSU had landed Fisher 2 years ago you wouldn't be arguing this point

EJ Manuel wasn't a good QB, but he was under Fisher. Jamarcus Russell was good in college under Fisher, then went to NFL And sucked major ***....It's ok to say he's a good QB coach, he's been doing it for literally 29 years.

and no I don't think he's the greatest coach in CFB, but I think he's on the tier below Dabo / Saban / Meyer, and I know you did too not long ago Prior to 74-72


Iíve never argued jimbo wasnít a good coach i just never considered him qb guru...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:24 AM   #1053
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
The obsession brainwashed in at Fish Camp is too strong for this one........there is no helping him.


Clearly my goodness just proves my point more when he puts things like dee de dee de! dudes as emotional as khalessi


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:25 AM   #1054
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
He was top 5 in a recent top 25 by CBS sports.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think if you were ranking recent coaches I'd put Chris Peterson one spot above Fisher myself.

He did some great things for Boise State, and then elevated Washington. He always seems to get overlooked, but total stud coach.
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:25 AM   #1055
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Clearly my goodness just proves my point more when he puts things like dee de dee de! dudes as emotional as khalessi


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Hahahahahaha
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #1056
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
I’ve never argued jimbo wasn’t a good coach i just never considered him qb guru...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess guru is all how you define it. Fisher made his mark and start by being a OC / QB coach . If you sit back and think about it in 6 years as HC of FSU he had Ej Manuel, Ponder, Winston over that time frame all go as 1st round draft picks....

Year 7 - he starts a true FR who has a good year, next up and coming star

Year 8 - Said QB gets hurt and is down to 3rd string QB by like game 3.

Being able to have 3 first round draft picks in first 6 years as a HC at QB is pretty salty, no matter how you slice it
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #1057
RLB
Pope & Young
 
RLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch / Bulverde, Texas
Hunt In: Comal County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
What does Texas have to do with aggies?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because ďyouĒ asked how many nattys he had dip....he answered your question. Maybe you should shut up and read.
RLB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #1058
Birddog66
Ten Point
 
Birddog66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pflugerville
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Clearly my goodness just proves my point more when he puts things like dee de dee de! dudes as emotional as khalessi


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think of him as Walder Frey jr.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Birddog66 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #1059
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post



Because ďyouĒ asked how many nattys he had dip....he answered your question. Maybe you should shut up and read.


Ya but why just Texas? How many other teams are there....lol


Hereís the answer because you an him are consumed by them (Texas)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #1060
Chase This!
Pope & Young
 
Chase This!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Off the shelf
Hunt In: 74-72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Ya but why just Texas? How many other teams are there....lol


Hereís the answer because you an him are consumed by them (Texas)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude. I am seriously considering the fact that you have troubling reading.
Chase This! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #1061
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default College Football 2019 Spring Practice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
Dude. I am seriously considering the fact that you have troubling reading.


Lol ok clearly your to busy riding texasí thing to focus on what Iím sayin....

Your obsessed with a team thatís completely irrelevant to you... yes they recruit against each other.. so does numerous other teams but you choose to constantly focus on just one.... hope off itíll be ok


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #1062
Chase This!
Pope & Young
 
Chase This!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Off the shelf
Hunt In: 74-72
Default

One more natty than any other coach IN Texas. IN. The. State. Of. Texas.

My post had nothing to do with the weak team in Austin.
Chase This! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #1063
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
One more natty than any other coach IN Texas. IN. The. State. Of. Texas.

My post had nothing to do with the weak team in Austin.


You were sooo closeeeee the you just couldnít help it... lol

Now i can totally see what some of these Texas
Fans mean by living rent free in some of yalls heads


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #1064
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
One more natty than any other coach IN Texas. IN. The. State. Of. Texas.

My post had nothing to do with the weak team in Austin.
I understand you're point, because you did state out of all the teams IN Texas, and he misunderstood you as referring to UT only.... However, the "weak team in Austin" comment only helps solidify his argument.

You we're actually right, and then you fell right into the trap. If only you had left that part out you would have been the victor, now it's a draw So close
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #1065
Chase This!
Pope & Young
 
Chase This!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Off the shelf
Hunt In: 74-72
Default

Oh, it’s OK. I dislike everything about that liberal cesspool. Not just the tu football team. No worries.
Chase This! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 09:43 AM   #1066
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

ruling: Draw
Attached Images
 
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #1067
Rush2Judge
Ten Point
 
Rush2Judge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Plano
Hunt In: Wood County
Default

I don't know anything about King or Hornsby (good bad or indifferent, Texas already has their guy) but, just going by the stats that ETM put up, it would show that King would be the better bet if you can get him. Question for Aggies, is he an ATM lean? What is your sense of the odds of getting him? Without Hornsby, what is Jimbo's backup plan?

I'm only curious because of all the back and forth on here about him. Not really clear how Texas got dragged into this one. Well, that's a lie. I know exactly how. Just not sure why anyone took the bait.
Rush2Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #1068
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Well gents weíre 100 days out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 AM   #1069
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
ruling: Draw


Even though he took hook line and sinker Im fine with living to fight another day


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #1070
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default College Football 2019 Spring Practice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2Judge View Post
I don't know anything about King or Hornsby (good bad or indifferent, Texas already has their guy) but, just going by the stats that ETM put up, it would show that King would be the better bet if you can get him. Question for Aggies, is he an ATM lean? What is your sense of the odds of getting him? Without Hornsby, what is Jimbo's backup plan?



I'm only curious because of all the back and forth on here about him. Not really clear how Texas got dragged into this one. Well, that's a lie. I know exactly how. Just not sure why anyone took the bait.


Basically king is #4 DT QB on 247 composite and Hornsby is #5 DT..... king plays for his dad as his Hc coach and they are visiting AM soon. There is no clear cut leader, but it looks like the ags are going all in with king. If they miss on him, then they just whiffed on both their dual threat guys.

Dont land him and slow playing Hornsby last year just bit you in the ***, land him and no worries.... Only time will tell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #1071
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
ruling: Draw
When you win in the special olympics... you're still retarded...
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #1072
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
When you win in the special olympics... you're still retarded...


When the guy you quotes brother has a mental handicap you should feel a special kind of small


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #1073
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
When the guy you quotes brother has a mental handicap you should feel a special kind of small


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why?
It wasnt about him or his brother.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #1074
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonner View Post
The kid passed on aTm.... can you read? aTm was all over this kid. You can say Jimbo backed off all u want, it doesnít look good. Just like Aggies saying they really didnít want the Oregon AD.

Mack brown had gone stale at Texas, just like Jimbo had at FSU. It was time for Mack to move on.
No they weren't. They backed off a while back. Hearing the Aggies will end up with Haynes King.
El General is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #1075
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Why?
It wasnt about him or his brother.


Ok well as my first cousin too...name callings all cool i really donít mind letís just stay away from the R word... but in all fairness it was a draw so no winner


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #1076
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Queue Smarts timeline....
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:10 AM   #1077
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Ok well as my first cousin too...name callings all cool i really donít mind letís just stay away from the R word... but in all fairness it was a draw so no winner


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R word?


And it wasnt about your first cousins either.

Last edited by systemnt; 05-16-2019 at 11:13 AM.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #1078
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

I donít understand the whole backing off thing Why back off at all? As hard as recruiting is i assume pursue them all (within reason) Rather have one than none... but i May be scarred as an LSU fan well take any decent qb commit lol

Just seems like you miss you miss both now

Risky


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:28 AM   #1079
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Edited....confused on the quotes....sorry..

Last edited by Smart; 05-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #1080
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Woodson
Default College Football 2019 Spring Practice Thread

I think King is the better get. Heís a coaches kid thatís a winner (State Champion). Hell his dad probably helps you recruit (through his influence on their coach) too.

I have read that Tennesee is the other school in the mix. He wants LSU but thereís currently not room there.

Whatís the story on why they didnít offer King until recently?

Edit : They = A&M

Last edited by Heath; 05-16-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #1081
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Some people’s kids....
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #1082
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default College Football 2019 Spring Practice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I think King is the better get. Heís a coaches kid thatís a winner (State Champion). Hell his dad probably helps you recruit (through his influence on their coach) too.

I have read that Tennesee is the other school in the mix. He wants LSU but thereís currently not room there.

Whatís the story on why they didnít offer King until recently?


It appears LSU is trending away from DT qbs and focusing more on pro style qbs... personally think DT is the way to go in college, but whoever is under qb should have some weapons over the next few years IF we sign all the talent projected in 2020 class


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by drop dead fred; 05-16-2019 at 11:57 AM.
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #1083
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default College Football 2019 Spring Practice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2Judge View Post
I don't know anything about King or Hornsby (good bad or indifferent, Texas already has their guy) but, just going by the stats that ETM put up, it would show that King would be the better bet if you can get him. Question for Aggies, is he an ATM lean? What is your sense of the odds of getting him? Without Hornsby, what is Jimbo's backup plan?



I'm only curious because of all the back and forth on here about him. Not really clear how Texas got dragged into this one. Well, that's a lie. I know exactly how. Just not sure why anyone took the bait.


Both teams were undefeated going into their state championship games. Those numbers tell more about the OC and scheme they used to win games.

King sounds like a dang good option though, should be just fine.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Chad C; 05-16-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #1084
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
I don’t understand the whole backing off thing Why back off at all? As hard as recruiting is i assume pursue them all (within reason) Rather have one than none... but i May be scarred as an LSU fan well take any decent qb commit lol

Just seems like you miss you miss both now

Risky


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's more like slowing down. If you are taking a small class 20-23 type class (We have 6 seniors on the team, literally), then you most likely are only taking 1 QB.

Right now we have:

1 - JR
1 - RS Soph
1 - RS FR
1- FR

That means we should only be taking 1 QB.... now if you take a QB's commitment early in his Junior year (Clemson game was rumored silent commit), you pretty much don't leave yourself any room / time to make sure you got the guy you want.

I think, based on tea leaves, they wanted him, but they wanted to make sure he was THE guy they wanted since it was literally September last year, and they still had 1.5 years until he signed.

Then Brewster leaves, and starts recruiting him basically, and most likely, telling him "Ags are slow playing you man, and I know because I was a top recruiter that just left there."

No idea who their first guy on the board was, but i am sure they missed out on him and probably their second, but IF they can land King he will be a good get.

Also heard that if LSU cuts one of their QB, we would be in on one.
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 12:27 PM   #1085
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default College Football 2019 Spring Practice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
It's more like slowing down. If you are taking a small class 20-23 type class (We have 6 seniors on the team, literally), then you most likely are only taking 1 QB.

Right now we have:

1 - JR
1 - RS Soph
1 - RS FR
1- FR

That means we should only be taking 1 QB.... now if you take a QB's commitment early in his Junior year (Clemson game was rumored silent commit), you pretty much don't leave yourself any room / time to make sure you got the guy you want.

I think, based on tea leaves, they wanted him, but they wanted to make sure he was THE guy they wanted since it was literally September last year, and they still had 1.5 years until he signed.

Then Brewster leaves, and starts recruiting him basically, and most likely, telling him "Ags are slow playing you man, and I know because I was a top recruiter that just left there."

No idea who their first guy on the board was, but i am sure they missed out on him and probably their second, but IF they can land King he will be a good get.

Also heard that if LSU cuts one of their QB, we would be in on one.


So most likely Finley

Figured yalld be more in the mix for a DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by drop dead fred; 05-16-2019 at 12:30 PM.
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #1086
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
I donít understand the whole backing off thing Why back off at all? As hard as recruiting is i assume pursue them all (within reason) Rather have one than none... but i May be scarred as an LSU fan well take any decent qb commit lol

Just seems like you miss you miss both now

Risky


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hornsby is a big time project. Right now he is an athlete, not a QB. The Aggies last two QB takes were long development curve projects. King is a coaches kid with some real athletic talent. His floor is much higher than Hornsby.
El General is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #1087
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
So most likely Finley


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually it was Johnson that was mentioned, but I have no idea why. Didn't pay attention to it since he's committed.

Don't think we offered Finley.
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #1088
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Actually it was Johnson that was mentioned, but I have no idea why. Didn't pay attention to it since he's committed.



Don't think we offered Finley.


I HIGHLY doubt theyíd cut ties with Johnson over Finley. Unless Johnson decommits but i donít see that either... theyíll have to pull one heck weíll have 7 qbs on roster if not


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #1089
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
I think if you were ranking recent coaches I'd put Chris Peterson one spot above Fisher myself.



He did some great things for Boise State, and then elevated Washington. He always seems to get overlooked, but total stud coach.
Peterson was 3. I think Fisher was 4. Patterson 8. I think Gundy was 12 and Herman was 17.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #1090
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Peterson was 3. I think Fisher was 4. Patterson 8. I think Gundy was 12 and Herman was 17.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Dang no shrimp boat captain on their list lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #1091
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Looks like week 2:

ABC 2:30 - Ags vs Clemson
ABC 7:00 - LSU vs Texas

Lot of eyeballs be on ABC that day with the rest of the games out there
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #1092
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Looks like week 2:

ABC 2:30 - Ags vs Clemson
ABC 7:00 - LSU vs Texas

Lot of eyeballs be on ABC that day with the rest of the games out there


Letís hope all teams wreck shop week one to really stir the hype! ABC is lick their chops


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #1093
drbonner
Ten Point
 
drbonner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Joaquin, Tx
Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
What makes you so confident in jimbos choice of qbs?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because he got lucky and landed Winston. The rest of his qb’s at FSU were meh
drbonner is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #1094
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Letís hope all teams wreck shop week one to really stir the hype! ABC is lick their chops


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering the teams we play are Texas State, Georgia Southern, La Tech, and Georgia Tech we all should be 1-0.
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #1095
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Considering the teams we play are Texas State, Georgia Southern, La Tech, and Georgia Tech we all should be 1-0.


Iím wanting like 35-0 from all the teams before they pull the starters none of this Maryland,Troy, UCLA stuff lol...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #1096
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonner View Post
Because he got lucky and landed Winston. The rest of his qb’s at FSU were meh
Always love the "lucky and landed" not "he recruited"...

Name another HC in recent years that has his 3 starting QBs, hell they were his first 3 as a HC, in a row all be first round draft picks.....

Be interested to hear the guy. Riley has had 2 so far, he's legit too.
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #1097
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Iím just praying for no sophomore coaching slump....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #1098
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Always love the "lucky and landed" not "he recruited"...

Name another HC in recent years that has his 3 starting QBs, hell they were his first 3 as a HC, in a row all be first round draft picks.....

Be interested to hear the guy. Riley has had 2 so far, he's legit too.
This doesn't happen often, but I agree
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #1099
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default College Football 2019 Spring Practice Thread

For the record i think jimbos a really good coach i just never regarded him in the likes of a qb guru...

I wouldíve GLADLY taken him in BR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #1100
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
This doesn't happen often, but I agree
Ditto, now we have agreed twice in a short period.
EastTexasMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com