Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default update : traffic ticket in Magnolia

Mods removed other thread for some reason...

Court called and rescheduled for June 18th...was told this would probably happen a couple times then eventually dropped...
we shall see
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

I'm sure they saw the old thread and got skeered sheetless!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
I'm sure they saw the old thread and got skeered sheetless!
maybe...



I am ready, and prepared tho
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 11:36 AM   #4
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

We'll update those of us that missed the first thread. What's the ticket for? Story?
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #5
pilar
Ten Point
 
pilar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton
Default

I understand the city’s trying to protect the general population from their own stupidity
But who protects the population from a city’s general stupidity?
I can’t wait to hear the outcome
pilar is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #6
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilar View Post
I understand the city’s trying to protect the general population from their own stupidity
But who protects the population from a city’s general stupidity?
I can’t wait to hear the outcome
lol

this is a money grab
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Original thread?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #8
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Original thread?
I can guess since it got whacked there was some interesting posts
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #9
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Then how about the cliff notes to the original story?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #10
duckmanep
Ten Point
 
duckmanep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northeast TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Then how about the cliff notes to the original story?
He got a ticket for turning right here...

Name:  sign.JPG
Views: 1576
Size:  80.9 KB

He couldn't see the sign because of his jacked up lifted truck.
Asked opinions on whether he should fight it and ask for jury trial.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #11
droebuck
Eight Point
 
droebuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Pretty sure that sign has times and days on it now. Noticed they added the times and days you can’t turn right there when I was turning right there on Sunday.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #12
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droebuck View Post
Pretty sure that sign has times and days on it now. Noticed they added the times and days you can’t turn right there when I was turning right there on Sunday.
Yes they do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 10:21 PM   #13
bowhunter_2
Six Point
 
bowhunter_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hockley, Tx
Hunt In: Kinney Co
Default

Anyone ever fight a ticket from the red light camera at 1488 and 1774? Have always heard to just throw it out.
bowhunter_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 07:02 AM   #14
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
Anyone ever fight a ticket from the red light camera at 1488 and 1774? Have always heard to just throw it out.
what ticket...………?
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 07:54 AM   #15
bowhunter_2
Six Point
 
bowhunter_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hockley, Tx
Hunt In: Kinney Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
what ticket...………?
Lol got it
bowhunter_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 08:03 AM   #16
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young
 
sierracharlie338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Republic of Texas (Houston)
Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I can guess since it got whacked there was some interesting posts

Sure was a lot of cop bashing. . .


Sierracharlie out…
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #17
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
Sure was a lot of cop bashing. . .


Sierracharlie out…
As usual. Dollar to a donut at least one of those same posters is in this thread
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #18
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young
 
sierracharlie338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Republic of Texas (Houston)
Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days
Default update : traffic ticket in Magnolia

Double post
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 08:22 AM   #19
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young
 
sierracharlie338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Republic of Texas (Houston)
Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
As usual. Dollar to a donut at least one of those same posters is in this thread

Sure is


Sierracharlie out…
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:19 AM   #20
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Why can't you turn right there? What is the reasoning behind that?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #21
denimdeerslayer
Pope & Young
 
denimdeerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hempstead
Hunt In: Waller
Default

Folks been turning right there even before it was paved. That's just stupid.
denimdeerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #22
droebuck
Eight Point
 
droebuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Why can't you turn right there? What is the reasoning behind that?
Traffic backs up on Buddy Riley certain times of the day would be my guess. Hopefully when the toll road gets built all the way to Plantersville it will relieve some of the traffic in Magnolia.....temporarily.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #23
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Can’t turn right there because there is a posted sign saying not to. Same reason you can’t drive over a certain speed. They put those signs up to post the law
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:19 AM   #24
tbgascorer
Ten Point
 
tbgascorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

People run that road to avoid traffic delay at the RR track light. Buddy Riley already backs up from "legit" traffic if you will. People wanting to turn right or cut in there makes it even worse. No offense to the OP.

Last edited by tbgascorer; 05-16-2019 at 11:23 AM.
tbgascorer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #25
scott1022
Six Point
 
scott1022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lafayette, LA
Hunt In: Louisiana
Default

That sign looks low. Here's something you can check into... Keep in mind this is a standard, not a requirement, but it could help out your argument.

This is from Section 2A.18 from the MUTCD.
scott1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #26
Ilik2hunt
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Can’t turn right there because there is a posted sign saying not to. Same reason you can’t drive over a certain speed. They put those signs up to post the law
Sure wish they would enforce the " left lane for passing" sign,the only sign on the hiway that is not enforced!
Ilik2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #27
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1022 View Post
That sign looks low. Here's something you can check into... Keep in mind this is a standard, not a requirement, but it could help out your argument.

This is from Section 2A.18 from the MUTCD.
and this is the essence of my argument, that bottom sign is about 3 foot off the ground at best....
Also they cant post multiple directions or actions on the same post...stop and no right turn cant be mounted on same post....
Third- the warning sign is placed about 100 yards upstream of there, but when you come off N 6th street it is mounted to the right of you in the opposite direction...it is not view-able from 6th street...

Money grab
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 03:02 PM   #28
Mr. Whiskers
Pope & Young
 
Mr. Whiskers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgascorer View Post
People run that road to avoid traffic delay at the RR track light. Buddy Riley already backs up from "legit" traffic if you will. People wanting to turn right or cut in there makes it even worse. No offense to the OP.
This. I recognized the intersection from the pics.
Mr. Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #29
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
and this is the essence of my argument, that bottom sign is about 3 foot off the ground at best....
Also they cant post multiple directions or actions on the same post...stop and no right turn cant be mounted on same post....
Third- the warning sign is placed about 100 yards upstream of there, but when you come off N 6th street it is mounted to the right of you in the opposite direction...it is not view-able from 6th street...

Money grab



If all that is true then your best bet is trial by judge.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #30
skeeter
Pope & Young
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Lavaca, Kimble and Colorado Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
and this is the essence of my argument, that bottom sign is about 3 foot off the ground at best....
Also they cant post multiple directions or actions on the same post...stop and no right turn cant be mounted on same post....
Third- the warning sign is placed about 100 yards upstream of there, but when you come off N 6th street it is mounted to the right of you in the opposite direction...it is not view-able from 6th street...

Money grab
Soooo, you got a ticket for something you actually did and are trying to fight it?And you arguement is you didn’t see it because your truck is too big? Was the size obstructed by any other objects? Doesn’t look like it in the pix.

Be a man. You broke the law, pay the ticket. Own up to it. You’re trying to get out of it on a technicality. You know you were wrong. Pay the ticket, now go thru the proper channels to make it right.
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #31
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Im all for calling out and fighting unfair tickets. Thought maybe there was more to story regarding the sign itself, but this one seems pretty cut and dry in my opinion.
No right turn ---> took right turn ---> got a ticket ---> pay ticket.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #32
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgascorer View Post
People run that road to avoid traffic delay at the RR track light. Buddy Riley already backs up from "legit" traffic if you will. People wanting to turn right or cut in there makes it even worse. No offense to the OP.
So people use that street to cut around traffic?
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #33
tbgascorer
Ten Point
 
tbgascorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
So people use that street to cut around traffic?
Yes. I don't know if the OP did in his case, nor am I casting stones. And we are all guilty of similar type things at some point. Cut through a parking lot, etc. Traffic has gotten a wee bit worse in that place since I went to school there 25+ years ago.
tbgascorer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #34
Trevor73402
Six Point
 
Trevor73402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southern OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Can’t turn right there because there is a posted sign saying not to. Same reason you can’t drive over a certain speed. They put those signs up to post the law
Not everyone chooses to just blindly conform because “someone” said so.
Trevor73402 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #35
skeeter
Pope & Young
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Lavaca, Kimble and Colorado Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor73402 View Post
Not everyone chooses to just blindly conform because “someone” said so.
Used to get my hide tanned when I didn't "conform". Do what you're told, follow the rules you won't have a problem. Choose to disobey the rules, pay the consequences if you get caught. Own it. Don't try to play the system, just because there may be a loop hole. I would be ****** if I got called I for jury duty on that case.
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 09:30 PM   #36
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Used to get my hide tanned when I didn't "conform". Do what you're told, follow the rules you won't have a problem. Choose to disobey the rules, pay the consequences if you get caught. Own it. Don't try to play the system, just because there may be a loop hole. I would be ****** if I got called I for jury duty on that case.
so you are OK that the city just threw up some crappy sign.."in the name of traffic control" didnt follow the law when they did it...and I should just man up and pay the ticket.....

yeah ok..I dont roll that way

I offered to pay the fine at pre trial if the judge or DA could supply the ordinance when this was done and for what reason....

They wouldn't discuss it...

Since I got this ticket I have videoed HUNDREDS of people turning right here...HUNDREDS...in just the times I have sat there for 30 mins...I have videos
No way that many people are choosing to break the law on purpose...its not possible...
Signs are supposed to be mounted in your line of sight, its obvious to most that they are not...who is looking down at 3 foot level to look at a traffic sign...

I hope your never on a jury...find someone guilty because you were inconvenienced...that just BS...

Look at the evidence and make the right decision...either way
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #37
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgascorer View Post
Yes. I don't know if the OP did in his case, nor am I casting stones. And we are all guilty of similar type things at some point. Cut through a parking lot, etc. Traffic has gotten a wee bit worse in that place since I went to school there 25+ years ago.
No I cam out of Brookshire Bros and looped around the side and came out by the library....it was 4 pm so there was no traffic...when I got to the stop sign there was 2 cars to my left and he waved me in front of him...
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #38
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgascorer View Post
Yes. I don't know if the OP did in his case, nor am I casting stones. And we are all guilty of similar type things at some point. Cut through a parking lot, etc. Traffic has gotten a wee bit worse in that place since I went to school there 25+ years ago.
No kidding. I think about that almost every time I drive through there. Its crazy how much it has changed.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 10:11 PM   #39
skeeter
Pope & Young
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Lavaca, Kimble and Colorado Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
so you are OK that the city just threw up some crappy sign.."in the name of traffic control" didnt follow the law when they did it...and I should just man up and pay the ticket.....

yeah ok..I dont roll that way

I offered to pay the fine at pre trial if the judge or DA could supply the ordinance when this was done and for what reason....

They wouldn't discuss it...

Since I got this ticket I have videoed HUNDREDS of people turning right here...HUNDREDS...in just the times I have sat there for 30 mins...I have videos
No way that many people are choosing to break the law on purpose...its not possible...
Signs are supposed to be mounted in your line of sight, its obvious to most that they are not...who is looking down at 3 foot level to look at a traffic sign...

I hope your never on a jury...find someone guilty because you were inconvenienced...that just BS...

Look at the evidence and make the right decision...either way
Hey, hey, hey... slow down turbo. Where did I ever say I would find somebody guilty??? I said I would be ****** if I got called for jury duty. You assumed I would find you guilty to get even? You're way outta line there, buddy.

1) you saw the sign. It's right under the stop sign, you saw it and ignored it.
2) you're mad because youve filmed other people do it and hey. didn't get caught. Boo hoo.
3) you're trying to get out on a technicality, even though you know you were wrong.
4) I'm curious, when the jury finds you guilty, that's your plan moving forward?
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 10:23 PM   #40
TXHunter12
Ten Point
 
TXHunter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Spring, TX
Default

I don’t remember seeing that sign.

So you are supposed to take a left then turn around in Tractor Supply then go across tracks?

Magnolia has always been some kind of stupid
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 10:26 PM   #41
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Hey, hey, hey... slow down turbo. Where did I ever say I would find somebody guilty??? I said I would be ****** if I got called for jury duty. You assumed I would find you guilty to get even? You're way outta line there, buddy.

1) you saw the sign. It's right under the stop sign, you saw it and ignored it.
2) you're mad because youve filmed other people do it and hey. didn't get caught. Boo hoo.
3) you're trying to get out on a technicality, even though you know you were wrong.
4) I'm curious, when the jury finds you guilty, that's your plan moving forward?
you missed the crux of the argument...

Did you even read any of the above statements....
I NEVER SAW THE SIGNS...they are 3 and 4 foot off the ground....

and no I aint ****** cuz others didnt get a ticket...they shouldnt be issuing tickets here.....

and if they find my guilty I have the option of appealing it....not sure yet.
But knowing Magnolia now, chances are the jurors have either got the same ticket here or have tuned here unknowingly and will agree.....

Pretty straight forward from my POV....signs should be mounted where they are readily view able...not sure what youre missing....

Hell even google earth pic caught someone turning right there...lol
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #42
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
I don’t remember seeing that sign.

So you are supposed to take a left then turn around in Tractor Supply then go across tracks?

Magnolia has always been some kind of stupid
that's exactly what she told me to do...or go straight..use someone driveway turn around and then come back and make a left....

makes sense.....no
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #43
Bullseye07
Ten Point
 
Bullseye07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Celina
Hunt In: Leon/Freestone Cos
Default

Who knew TBH had social justice warriors?
Bullseye07 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 10:32 PM   #44
TXHunter12
Ten Point
 
TXHunter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Spring, TX
Default

Well I went that way today from Sonic and took a right. I’ve done it forever. I’ve never seen a sign.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 11:08 PM   #45
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
Well I went that way today from Sonic and took a right. I’ve done it forever. I’ve never seen a sign.

There ya go....
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2019, 05:42 AM   #46
skeeter
Pope & Young
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Lavaca, Kimble and Colorado Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
He got a ticket for turning right here...

Attachment 957174

He couldn't see the sign because of his jacked up lifted truck.
Asked opinions on whether he should fight it and ask for jury trial.
I got the crux of your argument. Your argument has no merit. How did you not see this sign? You are unable to observe objects 3-4 ft (or more) off the ground? God help dogs, and kids crossing the street in front of you!

The big question is, when u pull up to the same stop sign now, do you look for cops and if they ain't around, do you turn right?

Playing devils advocate here. These are the same questions the jury is gonna ask, so you better have your $#!+ together. Believe me, I've been on enough juries to know.

Last edited by skeeter; 05-18-2019 at 05:47 AM.
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #47
J-Carp
Ten Point
 
J-Carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Plantersville, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilik2hunt View Post
Sure wish they would enforce the " left lane for passing" sign,the only sign on the hiway that is not enforced!
And I wish everyone would move over and slow down. Guess we all cant get what we want.
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2019, 06:50 AM   #48
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Hope you win can’t stand petty tickets like this... and imo red light cams should be illegal
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #49
RLB
Pope & Young
 
RLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch / Bulverde, Texas
Hunt In: Comal County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Hope you win can’t stand petty tickets like this... and imo red light cams should be illegal
Red light cameras were found to be unenforceable and removed in the “city of” Houston. Even if you do get a red light camera ticket, throw it away....it’s NOT the police sending it to you and they have ZERO chances to fight in court. They count on the ones who don’t fight it and just pay it.
RLB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #50
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
Red light cameras were found to be unenforceable and removed in Houston. Even if you do get a red light camera ticket, throw it away....it’s NOT the police sending it to you and they have ZERO chances to fight in court. They count on the ones who don’t fight it and just pay it.


In Montgomery co they’re still rolling and enforcing them they wouldn’t renew my license till i paid one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com