What is it about hunting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it about hunting??

I was sitting under the clouds this am...cold, listening to every noise...wondering why the wind wasn’t doing what technology said it would.

Then the moment caught me...and I remembered how many of the GS have asked for prayers...and I just had a peaceful prayer for everyone.

Just something about hunting and being in God’s nature that reminds me of what’s important.

That’s it, just wanted to share what a great morning I had (only saw one doe)...

Have a great weekend!!

you too bud! i always love my one on one stand time with the man upstairs. no better peace than the peace of the woods

Comment

It's not always about seeing anything or killing something to me it's about being in the moment.

Comment

I love the silence and calm, same thing when I’m kayaking in the marshes . The tranquility is priceless. Then to have that Red take your jig or deer come out is so rewarding.

Comment

That’s the Good Stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope your in your stand now. Just got done feeding neighbors cows and deer are out like crazy now, feeding under the oak trees.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
              I hope your in your stand now. Just got done feeding neighbors cows and deer are out like crazy now, feeding under the oak trees.
              Walking out now....let’s go boys...get it done!!!

Comment

Being in a place where you can actually allow your brain to rest tends to allow you to remember what's important.

Comment

Hunting is often very spiritual for me as well.

Comment

It's like Church to me. There is no other place where I can feel the blessings and gifts I have been given and truly thank God for them.

Comment

That last 45 minutes to an hour before daylight... you're all settled in and waiting.... THAT's a time and place that I can really feel close to God... Me n Him have had some of our best talks sittin' in a blind waiting on Him to start another day... The morning sounds are just special. There's a peace about them that is like nothing else...

Thanks OP for reminding us of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
                        I love the silence and calm, same thing when I’m kayaking in the marshes . The tranquility is priceless. Then to have that Red take your jig or deer come out is so rewarding.

Ive always said theres no place like being waste deep in the bay to clear your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          That last 45 minutes to an hour before daylight... you're all settled in and waiting.... THAT's a time and place that I can really feel close to God... Me n Him have had some of our best talks sittin' in a blind waiting on Him to start another day... The morning sounds are just special. There's a peace about them that is like nothing else...

That’s exactly it...greatness!!

Comment

Is always nice to bring something home from a hunt but isn't all out depression if I don't. Beside that, I can think clearly on a stand or in a blind, away from it all. Love watching the sun come up and let it warm me when I'm chilled, and it seems like everything else comes to life with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Yes sir

Comment

Working...
                              X