Who played college football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
    My great uncle played for the Marine Corps... he also blew out his knee.

My Uncle Rico, could have won state if his coach didn’t take him out of the game. He could throw a football over the mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do intramurals count?

Comment

I worked w a guy that played line backer against Earl Campbell in high school.
        Co-worker was a chunk of iron, but said Earl ran over him like a mack truck.

Comment

My brother QB/P verbally committed to Oklahoma State in 1988. Went on several recruiting visits and watched Barry Sanders play. OSU and coach Pat Jones couldn’t honor the offer because they were reprimanded by the NCAA and lost scholarships during the Hart Lee Dykes fiasco.

My brother signed his NLI with Ole Miss and shared a room with Chucky Mullins (RIP #38). After not getting any PT, he transferred to Troy State and started for 3 years. In 1993, Troy finished the regular season at 10-0-1 and was ranked #1. Troy lost to Marshall 24-21 in the 1AA playoff semi-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
            It's football season so if you, your son, your dad or other close relative (not my cousin's uncle's brother) played, like, got on the field

Burnadell, I know they didn't have cameras back them....and the leather helmets you wore explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
              I worked w a guy that played line backer against Earl Campbell in high school.
              Co-worker was a chunk of iron, but said Earl ran over him like a mack truck.
              My dad was the head coach at Marshall during Earl's SR season. He trucked them too like everyone else on the way to the State Title. I've still got the tape.

He also was the head coach at Hallsville when they played Burnadell at White Oak. I don't have tape but I think I have a stone table with a drawing of the game.
              Last edited by asu-indian; 10-01-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

My dad played at A&M ‘71-‘74.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  I played Assback every time I ran out on the field my coach yelled Kelley get your assback over here .
                  Well we could have been in the same back field. I was a tail back. Everytime I ran out on the field the coaches yelled Johnson get your tail back over here!

Was really an OT always wanted to carry or catch the ball. I got to touch it on 4th down being a deep snapper. Back in the day with no delay after the snap and you got deposited 3-4 yards on your arse everytime Worst licks I ever took were on special teams. They weren't so special!

Coached at two DIII Colleges and two JCs and from 83-05. Coached a lot of good players and people during that time. Never got to hunt those years much. Been coaching golf from 05 till now and its great! Been able to hunt the past 14 years. Been making up for lost time!!

Go Frogs!
                  Last edited by Abcdj; 10-01-2019, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Cousin is the eagles field goal kicker, Jake Elliott. Long story short, he was all state tennis player, scratch golfer, etc etc. Was kicking field goals with buddies in high school, football coach got wind of how good he was at it. First game, hits a 50 plus to win. Drafted by bengals, gets cut and picked up by philly...super bowl champs that year.
                    [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35ew0og7WN0"]LTHS Homecoming Football Field Goal - Jake Elliott - YouTube[/ame]
                    [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJmSeSmsJm4"]Jake Elliott 61 Yard Field Goal - Merrill Reese's Call - Eagles vs Giants 9/24/17 720P 60FPS - YouTube[/ame]

FYI, Carson Wentz is a big hunter.

Comment

I did at Austin College.

Comment

Your cousin won me a fantasy championship. Tell him thank u.

Comment

Who played college football?

Running back. SAGU

Last edited by Kdurham; 10-01-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

My dad played guard at Wabash College in Indiana and I was a LB at Midwestern State my freshman and soph year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

At Tech 80-83

Comment

My cousin Chris Young played safety at Stanford University, his roommate was Brad Muster who was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 1st rd. Chris was signed as an undrafted free agent with the Denver Broncos, a few weeks later quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X