Am I Out of Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I Out of Line?

My stepdaughter (6th grade) is having an end of the year school dance Friday night. Some of her friends 3 boys/3 girls and a parent are going out to eat at a little local restaurant before the dance. She has been invited and wants to go. Before I say how I feel about it, just curious what you say in regards to them going out to eat.

It’s a meal. In a public place. Calm down and let the kids grow up, dad.

Comment

Seems harmless enough

Comment

I don't see any problem with it.

Comment

Italian restaurant with candle light … NO

chuck e cheese... ok, heck go with 'em.

Comment

Besides, its a good way to build social skills.

Comment

I don’t have an issue with it if you trust the parent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My sons class has always gone out to eat after school dances. 20-30 kids and a bunch of moms. The only thing I don’t like about it is they always go somewhere way fancier than I think middle schoolers need to go but the girls moms set it up. Day after tomorrow after 8th grade graduation they are eating at “The Grove”...I haven’t even eaten there!

Comment

I don’t see a problem with it

Comment

Hmm.. I’m hoping your gonna say sounds like a good idea. Seven friends accompanied by an adult sounds like part of growing up. My daughter turned 17 Saturday I would and have let her do the same. It’s part of growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                      My sons class has always gone out to eat after school dances. 20-30 kids and a bunch of moms. The only thing I don’t like about it is they always go somewhere way fancier than I think middle schoolers need to go but the girls moms set it up. Day after tomorrow after 8th grade graduation they are eating at “The Grove”...I haven’t even eaten there!
                      They’re eating at La Hacienda in Whitehouse. Far from extravagant

Comment

Before the dance yes let her go. Now if it was after and later on a Friday night then I may say otherwise.

Comment

Meh..that’s the little things. If you know the parent chaperone we wouldn’t hesitate.

Comment

Let her go and have fun with her friends.

Comment

As they say in frozen

let her go let her go

Comment

Working...
                              X