Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who runs a heater in your krivo type blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
    I remember doing the same with my Dad back in the early 90's. Foldgers coffee can, roll of toilet paper, and alcohol. Worked great.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Would not recommend doing that with the Folders Coffee cans today.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory.Shumate View Post
      Would not recommend doing that with the Folders Coffee cans today.
      Or pouring diesel on the TP ( my cousin tried that and the results were not favorable)

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
        I’ll own it. I want to hunt in comfort.
        The longer I am comfortable the longer I sit. If I am comfortable I will sit much longer.

Comment

Glad you posted this. I forgot to pack mine for my trip saturday.

Comment

I'll have my Mr. Buddy ginning Saturday morning. Call me soft if you like, I think it's stupid to be uncomfortable if you don't have to be.

Comment

LOL at using a heater. When I get cold in the blind, it's nothing some good old fashioned calisthenics can't solve.

That does seem to spook deer though, for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                whatever keeps me out there longer.
                Yup...I also used a Dewalt portable fan in the heat this year. Hunt smarter not harder.

Comment

I have a Mr. Heater Little Buddy and will run it if its REAL REAL Cold.

Comment

I have a Buddy in my blind but would never use it until my son started coming with me. I'd place it by him and set it on low and he was fine. Now I will set it on low in the opposite corner even when I'm alone. Takes the chill out for sure. Thinking about putting it in the duck blind with me too!

Comment

Great narration

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      We used toilet paper and alcohol in a coffee can in the late 70s so define "getting" . I'd call it smart....not soft.

My Dad used to say work smarter not harder son... That easily translates to hunting
                      I love the opening narration / description of being cold

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                        Never needed a heater in Texas.
                        I guess you didn’t hunt in 1983 or 1989 when it got so cold it froze the coastal bays down to south Padre island

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                          I’m running a 12v car battery to power an inverter which in turn powers a small heater, phone charges, LED lights, etc. It’s a super easy setup and clean odorless heat. Battery stays charged via a solar panel.
                          That is so SOFT! You should be ashamed of yourself!

I take it one step further. Have the Minn Kota trolling motor power center in most blinds. Powers kids iPads, DVD player etc. Buddy feeders in there as well. Man, I don't drag deer or pigs out for miles by myself either. Soft and getting softer.

The only thing I have noticed about the heaters is if you turn them completely off they can make a popping noise as they cool.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                            Never needed a heater in Texas.

We reach temps in the teens and occasionally single digits out in west Texas....you are a tougher man than I am. Wear that badge proud!

Comment

One theory I have hear where heaters also help is it warms the air and your scent in the box blind....and when it hits the window it rises since warm air rises some. Sounds good anyway.. I don't seem to have any issue with a Mr. Buddy at 10-20 yards even with a bad wind. I try not to start them up unless I absolutely have to but, the older I get the quicker that has become.

Comment

I do, but only when it's cold. I run a fan the rest of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X