No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Astros ALCS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking/hoping the bats wake up tonight for the Astros .

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
      Anybody get tickets? It kept locking up on me, no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Well you sir are the exception to a VERY STRONG and ACCURATE rule! I went to school in NY and lived there 4 years, and as a general rule, New Yorkers are truly obnoxious people, especially those from the Bronx, and Brooklyn...
        They even cut each other down, constantly with smart arse remarks and foul language... I told them when I was there, if my friends and I treated each other the way you guys do each other, we'd literally beat the crap out of each other until there would be no one left. They are truly obnoxious, rude and arrogant as a group, especially as a group when they get together... their irk feeds off each other and spirals downhill...
        I had a totally different experience. I worked there for about a 6 month period several years ago. Went there expecting Mr. tough guy, rude New Yorker and met nothing but the friendliest people you could come across. I kept telling them I was going to go back to Texas and ruin there reputation. With the exception of 1 client who I figured he alone gave the city its reputation. I was in the Bronx, Queens and Long Island. I will say it was the most segregated place I’ve ever seen. Every area seemed to be separated by either color, religion or nationality and it didn’t appear you didn’t cross the street if you’re people weren’t over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
          I had a totally different experience. I worked there for about a 6 month period several years ago. Went there expecting Mr. tough guy, rude New Yorker and met nothing but the friendliest people you could come across. I kept telling them I was going to go back to Texas and ruin there reputation. With the exception of 1 client who I figured he alone gave the city its reputation. I was in the Bronx, Queens and Long Island. I will say it was the most segregated place I’ve ever seen. Every area seemed to be separated by either color, religion or nationality and it didn’t appear you didn’t cross the street if you’re people weren’t over there.
          My experience with individual New Yorkers was like this, but I figured it was because I was looked like a lost and helpless tourist.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
            Tanaka was good last game but he has weakness too. He has been roughed up on multiple outings and has a 4.45 era on the year. He was only 11 and 9 for the season. Hell, Wade Miley had better numbers then he did. I think everyone is overreacting. The Stros wont be intimidated in facing him and I would venture to guess they will not get shut out by him again. I think it is going to be a 5-4 type of game. Hopefully the Astros on the winning end of that score!
            Until September Wade Miley would have been a #1 in most rotations. He was in the top 15 in era, after the trade we had 4 starters in the top 15 era in the MLB. Then the wheels came off, before that I thought we would just sweep all 3 series.

Comment

Well it appears they put on a good show for you... I lived there 4 years, and that's long enough for their true colors to show. I too met some fine folks there, and the Lord put a family in my path that were pretty much my surrogate family that helped me get through the whole experience.
              However, just your own assessment somewhat shows how things are in NY... You were accepted by them because you were a "guest" and temporary... Look at your last statement about segregation... It is an accurate statement from my assessment as well and that's not a nice, welcoming attitude overall. Now bring in sports to that attitude, and you get what you see in this thread with respect to how New Yorkers act...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Well it appears they put on a good show for you... I lived there 4 years, and that's long enough for their true colors to show. I too met some fine folks there, and the Lord put a family in my path that were pretty much my surrogate family that helped me get through the whole experience.
                However, just your own assessment somewhat shows how things are in NY... You were accepted by them because you were a "guest" and temporary... Look at your last statement about segregation... It is an accurate statement from my assessment as well and that's not a nice, welcoming attitude overall. Now bring in sports to that attitude, and you get what you see in this thread with respect to how New Yorkers act...
                I can accept that. Several were very excited to meet a guy from Texas and almost all wanted to know what it took to buy a gun in Texas. They were amazed.

Comment

Until September Wade Miley would have been a #1 in most rotations. He was in the top 15 in era, after the trade we had 4 starters in the top 15 era in the MLB. Then the wheels came off, before that I thought we would just sweep all 3 series.
                  Oh I agree, Miley was very good for 80% of the season and I think he just got fatigued. I just don't want people to make Tanaka out to be more then he is. He is not a Verlander, Cole or even a Greinke. He isn't and his numbers reflect that. Could he come out and throw a No No tonight, absolutely. Is it more likely that he throws 6 innings and gives up 3 runs, yep.

I have complete faith in the Astros but they tend to either get blanked (see game 1 of ALCS) or put up 5-6 runs. I feel like this will be a game they put up a few.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Oh I agree, Miley was very good for 80% of the season and I think he just got fatigued. I just don't want people to make Tanaka out to be more then he is. He is not a Verlander, Cole or even a Greinke. He isn't and his numbers reflect that. Could he come out and throw a No No tonight, absolutely. Is it more likely that he throws 6 innings and gives up 3 runs, yep.

I have complete faith in the Astros but they tend to either get blanked (see game 1 of ALCS) or put up 5-6 runs. I feel like this will be a game they put up a few.
                    Tanaka's career numbers in the playoffs and this year's numbers in Yankee Stadium are both very good.

Comment

I love our chances......

I predict Alverez will finally get rolling tonight

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                        I love our chances......

I predict Alverez will finally get rolling tonight
                        If he does then shame on em!

Comment

Yankee lineup

Comment

Statistically, the Stros have done OK against him, but a repeat of game 1 won't be good...

Click image for larger version

Name:	TanakaStats.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	24595895

Comment

Stats say Greinke should do better than Tanaka...

Click image for larger version

Name:	greinkeStats.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	24595896

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                Tanaka's career numbers in the playoffs and this year's numbers in Yankee Stadium are both very good.
                                I am not saying he is a bad pitcher, far from it. But he is not in the same world as our #1 or #2 and is a toss up whether or not he would be our #3 or #4. It is a much more level playing field then people are claiming.

We won 107 games this year. The Astros are historically good. While I will say that good pitching beats good hitting most of the time, the lineup we have is deadly. The Astros have been TERRIBLE this series with RISP and eventually that will change. Water always finds its level and whether they can do it the next couple of games or not, I expect them to be playing for the World Series next week.

Yes I am a Astros homer but I like this team a lot and so does Vegas!

Comment

Working...
                                X