You know what I hate, hack videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what I hate, hack videos

I don’t know why but these “clever” ideas irritate the crap out of me. It’s always some jackwagon, who’s double-jointed at the thumbs, using his **** alien hands and fingers to create some **** tool that takes 3 hours to make that’s ultimately useless, or worse yet, available at Harbor Freight for less than a dollar. They usually start in the setting of a completely functional machine shop or woodworking shop and cobble together some crappy half *** tool out of a plastic fork and a caulk gun to resolve some critical need that an otherwise fully functional machine shop would already have 30 of. It’s like the complete opposite of redneck engineering. With rednecking it the payoff is more than the effort the idea took to make happen. But these stupid hack videos take half a day to fabricate with a MIG welder and a table saw all just to tighten a nut on a carriage bolt. Morons.
    Last edited by txpitdog; 12-14-2018, 03:32 PM.

Well ok then. Might I suggest no longer watching them?

Comment

Alrighty then...

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
        Well ok then. Might I suggest no longer watching them?
        Too obvious ?

Comment

I'm not sure what the point is of those videos either, other than clickbait for ads. I watched one of those because I like ideas to make stuff out of other stuff. But like you said they go to a lot of time and trouble to make something that is readily available and cheap at any hardware store. They will cut, weld and hammer for hours to come up with something everybody already has on their workbench. Yeah, I guess you can make a spring by winding a wire around a carriage bolt, but you can also go to harbor Freight and buy a bag of them for $2.49

Comment

Yea- yea, well until you guys install your own swimming pool with nothing more than a couple bamboo sticks and grass basket, I’m claiming sour grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
              Yea- yea, well until you guys install your own swimming pool with nothing more than a couple bamboo sticks and grass basket, I’m claiming sour grapes.
              You watched that one also ...that guy was amazing!

Comment

It sounds like it has been a long week sit down and have a drink of choice and this shall pass.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

A young feller at Home Depot told me that some caulk tastes real good. I ain’t never did have no mind to eat caulk personally. Just don’t sound right to be known as a caulk eater.

Comment

Ha

Comment

Eat caulk one time you're a caulk eater for life

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I'm not sure what the point is of those videos either, other than clickbait for ads. I watched one of those because I like ideas to make stuff out of other stuff. But like you said they go to a lot of time and trouble to make something that is readily available and cheap at any hardware store. They will cut, weld and hammer for hours to come up with something everybody already has on their workbench. Yeah, I guess you can make a spring by winding a wire around a carriage bolt, but you can also go to harbor Freight and buy a bag of them for $2.49
                        I was always told if you want to watch something being made out of nothing, just watch an episode of the A-Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          A young feller at Home Depot told me that some caulk tastes real good. I ain’t never did have no mind to eat caulk personally. Just don’t sound right to be known as a caulk eater.
                          Heck, just being a Caucasian has its own pros and cons sometimes. But once you step over that line and become one, there’s little chance of undoing it.

Comment

Working...
                          X