2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
    Hopefully it dries out a little. Planning on going out tomorrow and just doing an all day sit.
    My app shows about 50% chance through 7 am then down to 0% for the rest of the day. Wind back out of the NNE, +50* temp. I'll be out there all morning myself. Good luck out there!

Comment

Originally posted by RNLedet View Post
      My app shows about 50% chance through 7 am then down to 0% for the rest of the day. Wind back out of the NNE, +50* temp. I'll be out there all morning myself. Good luck out there!
      Good luck as well. I always have the rain gear in the pack just in case with how the weather has been this season.

Comment

Good luck fellas! I'll be out this weekend and next Tue/Wed! Hoping to see horns chasing some tail!

Comment

I’m back at it tomorrow. Moved to oklahoma for today since the rain was several hours later up here. Deer were moving between 2:00 and 3:30 up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
            I’m back at it tomorrow. Moved to oklahoma for today since the rain was several hours later up here. Deer were moving between 2:00 and 3:30 up here.

Good luck in Oklahoma. Get your shots, take your passport! I've been thinking of hunting Oklahoma late December or January.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
              Good luck in Oklahoma. Get your shots, take your passport! I've been thinking of hunting Oklahoma late December or January.

Once November hits, if you don’t have private land to hunt, there is MUCH less pressure in Oklahoma compared to Texas ground. When the rut almost completely misses gun season, us archery guys actually have a chance :-)

Comment

If we find stands that have been set and left for months by someone else, can we send GPS coordinates to the LBJ office to take down? Or should I just hunt the stand? Dude has a stand setup on a tree that I really like to hunt and I've been debating on what to do.

Thoughts?

Comment

Hunt it. Your armed if they lip off!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                    If we find stands that have been set and left for months by someone else, can we send GPS coordinates to the LBJ office to take down? Or should I just hunt the stand? Dude has a stand setup on a tree that I really like to hunt and I've been debating on what to do.

Thoughts?
                    My concern about hunting it is, there can be some sketchy people on the grasslands. Not everyone out there is on TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      My concern about hunting it is, there can be some sketchy people on the grasslands. Not everyone out there is on TBH.
                      This. I've contemplated this before too but I dont know how the owner of that stand would react.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thoughts?

I’m in the same boat had a guy setup in mid September and it’s still there I’m hunting it tomorrow morning the wind is perfect for it I’ll see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                          I’m in the same boat had a guy setup in mid September and it’s still there I’m hunting it tomorrow morning the wind is perfect for it I’ll see what happens

My only hesitation with hunting someone else’s long term stand is I don’t want to be in it when a warden checks it and get the fine for it.
                          Since I hunt out of a saddle, though. I will sometimes set up just above the stand (or on the opposite side of the tree) so it is a little more obvious it isn’t mine.

I’m 2 miles back on a piece, hope for some movement after the rain last night. Just a few raccoons so far.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                            My only hesitation with hunting someone else’s long term stand is I don’t want to be in it when a warden checks it and get the fine for it.
                            Since I hunt out of a saddle, though. I will sometimes set up just above the stand (or on the opposite side of the tree) so it is a little more obvious it isn’t mine.

I’m 2 miles back on a piece, hope for some movement after the rain last night. Just a few raccoons so far.

Good point I didn’t think about that but I do have pictures of him hauling his stand in Incase I have to prove myself good luck I’m headed out that way today after work hopefully

Comment

Thoughts?
                              I've sat in a stand that was stagnant and had been in a spot for months, it was along a good game trail that I would use a ground blind on. The stand had been hunted so much that the deer were onto it, had two bucks come in about 45 yrds through trees, look right at me, stomp and take off. Just like cameras, anyone who leaves property on public land knows they are abandoning it and its fair game.

Comment

I was thinking about hunting LBJ next year and I am curious if there are designated parking spots, or if its a "just park off the road and walk in" kinda thing.

Im looking at onX and having trouble figuring this location out.

Comment

Working...
                                X