What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do?

Shot a buck, waited 40 minutes. Arrow did complete pass through. Shot was good but a little right to the rear of him. Found his trail but he is still standing 45 yds from where he was hit. Waiting game or does he need another arrow?
    Attached Files

wait

Comment

Wait him out, you will push him and never see again.

Comment

How much longer?

Comment

THat arrow does not look great so you better just wait a few hours

Comment

give it an hour or more

Comment

If you could shoot him again from your blind that would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                THat arrow does not look great so you better just wait a few hours
                This.

Always wait.. Always. Always. Always.

Did you push him the first time when you saw him standing?

If he needs another arrow the odds of you walking up and shooting him again are far worse than him living from the first shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  This.

Always wait.. Always. Always. Always.

Did you push him the first time when you saw him standing?

If he needs another arrow the odds of you walking up and shooting him again are far worse than him living from the first shot.
                  I saw him before he saw me. He walked behind a tree very slowly. I gave him a few more minutes before backing off.

Comment

Since you didn't put another arrow in him when you saw him standing, absolutely pull out and give him more time. As others said, hours are needed if not longer by the looks of that arrow.

Good luck!

Comment

I did find the blood trail.

Comment

Could just be the pic, but the hair looks white and the body fluid looks clearing. Was the shot fairly low? Kinda looking like a low belly shot. I’d have put another arrow in him given the chance.

Comment

Arrow blood doesn't look very good, gut shot...leave him alone and give him a few hours or more before looking for him....be very quite and go slow when looking....

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                            Could just be the pic, but the hair looks white and the body fluid looks clearing. Was the shot fairly low? Kinda looking like a low belly shot. I’d have put another arrow in him given the chance.
                            Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                            Arrow blood doesn't look very good, gut shot...leave him alone and give him a few hours or more before looking for him....be very quite and go slow when looking....
                            I agree with both posts, white hair is not good …. let deer sit for 3+ hours and possibly bleed out.

Comment

I would wait, but If you get to him again and can get another arrow in him I wouldnt hesitate. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X