Shooting 4 vanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting 4 vanes

Has anyone shot an arrow with 4 vanes fletched instead of 3? I know the added weight will slow the arrow speed down a couple fps but will it stabilize the arrow and shoot better? Just like to know your thoughts?

I'm shOoting a 4" with good results

Comment

This would be fighting it.
      3 Blazers with as much helical as you can get,(E-Z Fletch Mini) will stabilize any reasonable BH at any reasonable speed.

Comment

Okay here's the deal..... I've been shooting 3 Fusion Vanes and it's dead on but the problem I have is, the inside vane clearing the cable and arrow rest where it mounts to the riser. So, I have to cock the top vane in just a tad for clearance. I know I could go to a low profile vane but I remember talking to and seeing Tim Gillingham (ASA Pro Shooter) shooting 4 vanes a couple years ago at the ASA Event in Paris. Also, Im currently shooting 306 so losing a few fps isn't an issue. I Have experimented with 4 vanes fletched a yesterday and don't seem to have the clearance issue and haven't seem any difference in the groups I'm shooting.

Comment

J. Colwell interested in seeing how you find the 4 fusions. I thought about that set up but chose to stick with 3.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
            Okay here's the deal..... I've been shooting 3 Fusion Vanes and it's dead on but the problem I have is, the inside vane clearing the cable and arrow rest where it mounts to the riser. So, I have to cock the top vane in just a tad for clearance. I know I could go to a low profile vane but I remember talking to and seeing Tim Gillingham (ASA Pro Shooter) shooting 4 vanes a couple years ago at the ASA Event in Paris. Also, Im currently shooting 306 so losing a few fps isn't an issue. I Have experimented with 4 vanes fletched a yesterday and don't seem to have the clearance issue and haven't seem any difference in the groups I'm shooting.
            Somewhere, we have a problem.
            If cable clearance is the issue, we need to find out what's causing it.
            What bow are you shooting?

Comment

KC Huntin - I'm talking about fletching 4 vanes to an arrow.
              Rocky - Mathews Reezen

Comment

Rocky - Mathews Reezen
                4 vanes might be the way to go.

Comment

why is it hitting the cable is the more important question

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
                    why is it hitting the cable is the more important question
                    If center-shot is that far inside, there is a shooter torque problem, or a leaning cam.

Comment

Not sure but it also has a clearance issue with the riser as well. I've always had this issue since I bought it new and looked at the others on the shelf and they were the same. The Fusion vanes are a little taller than the Blazers so that could be a resolution if having 4 vanes doesn't work.

Comment

Rocky - Mathews Reezen
                        Yes I understand that and Im interested in seeing how it works for you as I thought of going with 4 zeon fusions ilo 3 as well.

Comment

Seems to be shooting fine and has took the clearance issue away for me but I've only shot a few times yesterday. Really don't think there is an issue with my bow, just think it's the bow and Fusion vane set up but who knows. It's always shot bullets. Try it yourself and let me know what you think.

Comment

Not sure but it also has a clearance issue with the riser as well. I've always had this issue since I bought it new and looked at the others on the shelf and they were the same. The Fusion vanes are a little taller than the Blazers so that could be a resolution if having 4 vanes doesn't work.
                            This is the reason I don't like blazers. They stick out to far. I Shoot Mathews outback.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Comment

I shoot 4 mini fusions and get great arrow flight with broadheads. I fletch them straight on 90's and get plenty of clearance. Have done it with mini blazers also, just prefer the fusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X