Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
    Keywords.. imagine, roughly, and the smile he put at the end.

Let the guy dream!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    X2

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
      You never saw him but you think he is a 14 pointer and scored 185???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      Well I'm playing it safe, he could have been 200+ but I don't want to embellish.
      Last edited by justletmein; 11-15-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Well looks like I wont be able to make it out there like I planned, work has sent me out to somerville due to them being short handed and I will be here until Wednesday. Good luck to everyone hunting out there this week!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Well not gonna see any deer sitting at home on the couch so may as well.
          There's one other group of hunters camping at 277N but I expect the traffic to increase quite a bit this weekend. Last year the Saturday before Thanksgiving I had to quit hunting my normal spots.
          Had a buck 50 yards behind me last night thrashing a tree and making all sorts of weird noises, actually smelled him before he started his shennanigans. I didn't have my grunt call in my bag, 1st trip of the year kinda disorganized. I never saw him but I imagine he was roughly 14 points 185 or so score, roughly.

I slept in this morning, apparently "max power save mode" on the phone disables alarms.
          185-200 you say...thrashing a tree behind, like down wind? Everyone's gonna be out there next week!!!

Comment

Well not gonna see any deer sitting at home on the couch so may as well. H
            There's one other group of hunters camping at 277N but I expect the traffic to increase quite a bit this weekend. Last year the Saturday before Thanksgiving I had to quit hunting my normal spots.
            Had a buck 50 yards behind me last night thrashing a tree and making all sorts of weird noises, actually smelled him before he started his shennanigans. I didn't have my grunt call in my bag, 1st trip of the year kinda disorganized. I never saw him but I imagine he was roughly 14 points 185 or so score, roughly.

I slept in this morning, apparently "max power save mode" on the phone disables alarms.
            Probably had a drop tine as well

Good luck out there... I will try to hunt some this weekend and week depending on hunter traffic...

Comment

Well I'm playing it safe, he could have been 200+ but I don't want to embellish.
              When I hear a buck thrashing and making noise, my anticipated score starts at 200. I usually imagine one of those 200 lb Iowa bucks. You need to work on your anticipated antler scoring, otherwise, 10 years from now that bucks only going to grow to 275. Get that number up there so later he grows to be a true monster. And don't quit anticipating his score too early. Lots of anticipated bucks never make it to 300 because we quit anticipating them to soon.

Comment

Lmao nice. I guess I've been shortchanging myself thanks for the tips!

Comment

Just got down to amistad any one else down here, waiting on my buddy to get here and drinking a few

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                    Just got down to amistad any one else down here, waiting on my buddy to get here and drinking a few
                    You the guys with the campfire going at 277N? It's crowded in here.
                    We are the camp with 2 Cabelas tents and 3 trucks.
                    Last edited by justletmein; 11-16-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

You the guys with the campfire going at 277N? It's crowded in here.
                      We are the camp with 2 Cabelas tents and 3 trucks.

Looks like it’s gonna be crowded out there tomorrow..!!! I think I’m going fishing tomorrow ..!!! Good luck out there guys .!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s us

Comment

So how’d y’all do any luck out there , supposed to be a bit cooler tomorrow morning..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Today is beautiful one of those days you hunt all day and have action all day, but we're in town watching the Cowboys game lol. Our group got one buck down and one we tracked a few hours and gave up.

Very nice meeting you Levi and Chris.
                            Last edited by justletmein; 11-18-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Today is beautiful one of those days you hunt all day and have action all day, but we're in town watching the Cowboys game lol. Our group got one buck down and one we tracked a few hours and gave up.

Very nice meeting you Levi and Chris.
                              Are you folks hunting in 4?? How crowded has it been??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                Are you folks hunting in 4?? How crowded has it been??
                                Off and on, one of my normal spots has been dead as a doornail so went to try another spot and there's trail cams in there so went for my 3rd spot but a boat was parked there so we bailed and started hunting back side of 1 by boat, worked pretty well. When we were over there in 4 there really didn't seem to be a lot of boats but I'm feeling evidence of higher activity. One of the nights a boat came across from the bridge/ramp area and picked someone up at dusk so maybe there are people getting dropped off and not leaving boats parked in there.
                                Last edited by justletmein; 11-18-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X