Hi-Cal Lime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-Cal Lime

Any of you use this? Need to buy some lime and wanted to see where you guys get yours. Need about 2-3 tons for my food plot.

not sure where you are at Producers co-op In bryan sells a pellet lime that goes to work a lot quicker . They recommend about 300 lbs per a. You can put it out with one of there buggies

Comment

Im convinced lime is lime. Pellet lime is the same as ag lime, pellet lime just has the binding compound for easy spreading.

The old saying about "spreading pellet lime 1/10 of ag lime" is BS. I've got a spot that I cannot get a lime spreader into and I have hand spread a ton to the acre the past couple of years and my soil PH has only risen 0.8 each year. If you soil test says a ton of lime on an acre get a ton of pellet lime and spread it.

Talk to your local coop. Mine drives out and spreads a ton of lime for like $30.
      Last edited by yotethumper; 01-23-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

It says 3000lbs per acre. I spoke to both Biologic and Whitetail Institute about lime and they had different answers.

Biologic said to add about 15-20% to those numbers and WI said I could reduce it by 10%.

Not sure I’m a believer of the 1/10 ratios and starting to doubt the 400lbs per acre for some. I like the sounds of the 400 lbs per acre, would save me some money.

Local CO-OP doesn’t carry bulk lime, only bags. Found some bagged that is pretty pricy.

Comment

Originally posted by Milam View Post
          It says 3000lbs per acre. I spoke to both Biologic and Whitetail Institute about lime and they had different answers.

Biologic said to add about 15-20% to those numbers and WI said I could reduce it by 10%.

Not sure I’m a believer of the 1/10 ratios and starting to doubt the 400lbs per acre for some. I like the sounds of the 400 lbs per acre, would save me some money.

Local CO-OP doesn’t carry bulk lime, only bags. Found some bagged that is pretty pricy.
          Three years ago I tried the 1:10 ratio like WI told me and it didn't move my soil PH. Basically, I wasted a year and my plots suffered. Biologist told me to keep it at the 1:1 ratio so I did the next year and saw soil improvements. This year was the third year, I limed again with the 1:1 ratio and food plots are looking much better. Just my experience.

Comment

Working...
          X