No announcement yet.

Howa 1500 accuracy & reliability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

built a 308 for my nephew and also have a 30-06 vanguard both shoot 1 1/4 " with factory loads

Comment

Stay away from 25-06.

Comment

Have one currently, and have had two in the past. All great shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
          Stay away from 25-06.
          ?

Comment

my .204 will do about 3/4" at 200 as long as i hold still,, very impressive

Comment

I bought a barrelled action in 6.5. It shot pretty good for the price. Average 3/4” groups with just about everything.

Comment

We have 2 vanguards and one 1500...all in 7mm-08.
                Three are great shooters. The Howa is a very underrated, no frills rifle that isn’t a bargain rack junker like a lot of what you see on store shelves.

Great triggered, nice solid actions, good shooting guns.

Comment

1500 Howa and Weatherby Vanguard rifles are notoriously accurate, in all chamberings. I’ve owned many and liked them all. My current long range gun is a Vanguard in 300 Win Mag and I love it.

I recommend them often to people looking for something new or are new to quality rifles.

A barreled 1500 action will shoot, not doubt about it.

Comment

I have two. I have a 6.5 creedmoor and it shoots .5” MOA with PH 143 ELD X. I also have a 7mm-08. I bought it because I liked the 6.5 so much. Shot it today for the first time. The ELD-X grouped 1.5” and the Hornady American Whitetail grouped 1”. I am going to play with it to see what it likes. Maybe the 6.5 creedmoor is inherently more accurate and precise.
                    Nevertheless, I love the guns. They are very nice.

Comment

I have 2, both are excellent shooters!

Comment

Brownells has a couple good deals right now

Comment

Like I mentioned in the earlier post, I just purchased the 1500 with a 22” #2 barrel in 7mm-08. Does anyone have this gun and if so, which cartridge does it like? I was surprised that American Whitetail in 139g outshot the 150g ELD X. Still, I only have 20 shots through the barrel so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                            Like I mentioned in the earlier post, I just purchased the 1500 with a 22” #2 barrel in 7mm-08. Does anyone have this gun and if so, which cartridge does it like? I was surprised that American Whitetail in 139g outshot the 150g ELD X. Still, I only have 20 shots through the barrel so far.
                            I had 2 Weatherby Vanguards in 7mm-08 (same exact gun as the Howa 1500). They seemed to like lighter bullets. The Nosler 120 BT's were awesome. And if you were to look at a cross section of that bullet, it is fairly tough...the jacket isn't thin or explosive.

Worth a read: https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...=Nosler+120+bt
                            Last edited by TxAg; 12-25-2019, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I bought a barreled action in 6mm Creedmoor. I wanted to see if I could build a budget rifle that would shoot relatively well. I have less than 1100.00 in the whole build including glass.

Comment

First 5 shots at 500

Comment

Working...
                                X